Chapter 1

~Angela's P.O.V.

My name is Angela. I come from Macedonia. It's a small country in Europe. I'm 16, almost 17. I was sent to Canada to live with my cousin and his wife after something tragic happened.

Me and my older brother were very close, on June 1st 2015 he took me to see One Republic live. It was my first concert. The show ended at around 2am. We jumped into a cab and went home. We didn't go directly home, we stopped at our local playground to smoke some cigarettes. When we finished we started heading towards our house. On the way we were stopped by some drunk men. After that I don't remember much because it all went dark from that point on. I woke up in a hospital with my parents seating on either side of my bed.

''Where is Andy?'' I asked my mom.

"I don't know how to say this to you, but..." My mom replied, she chocked on her words and started crying and couldn't finish what she was saying.

"His funeral was last week sweetie" My dad finishes.

"How long was I in a coma?" I asked.

"2 weeks" Dad replies.

I can't believe this. The only person that could trust with everything is now gone and I didn't even got to say goodbye.

"Oh, and Angie, one more thing." He says.

"What?"

"You know your cousin who lives in Canada? Remember? We were at his wedding when you were 12."

"Yeah? What about him?" I ask.

"Me and your mother have been talking, and well... We're sending you to live with him and his wife." He tells me. And I just stare at him cold. No!!! All my friends are here! I can't move! He continued:

"You're leaving tomorrow at noon."

And I felt the tears rolling down my face. My dad gave me a hug and carried me to the car so that I could start packing my things.