13

after the two had finished their late-night dinner, jungkook insisted on driving yerim home, to which she gladly accepted this time round.

stepping out of the comforting warmth of the candle-lit restaurant and in to the harsh, windy outdoors that was lit by the moon instead, jungkook took off the large jacket he was sporting and draped it over yerim's petite shoulders, coolly.

'tsk, why are you acting like this all of a sudden?' yerim laughed awkwardly, trying hard to fight back the fluttering of her heart. 'i already have a jacket on.'

'a thin one. it's fine, i'm not cold anyway.' jungkook said, wanting to comfort yerim as much as he could, whilst he led her to his car that was parked several minutes away.

'did i ever say i was, though?'

'you're always cold to me, yerim. how am i supposed to tell when you're not?' jungkook teased.

'what! me, cold? am not!' yerim exclaimed, taking full offence.

'are you sure? maybe try harder at being warmer from now on' jungkook suggested playfully, earning yet another soft punch to the arm from yerim who sighed beside him.

'i think if i warmed up anymore, we'd be in trouble' she muttered to herself, just loud enough for jungkook to hear.

he cocked an eyebrow up, 'trouble? what kind of trouble?' he smirked, having a hunch at what she was hinting at.

yerim shook her head, 'nothing. anyways, thanks again for paying for the food... and coming to help me. i'll act 0.05°C warmer to you from now on!' she turned jungkook's way and flashed him a big cheesy grin.

'pshh 0.05°C?! make it atleast 1°C, i beg you.'

the calm and quiet atmosphere rang with laughter from the pair, almost bringing life again to the dead, emptying streets they walked through.

'wow, i can't believe i've spent pretty much every hour i've been awake today with you.' yerim shook her head, wondering how there was never a single moment of awkwardness between the two.

'well you might have to get used to it, for a short while.'

'huh? what do you mean?' yerim questioned in an instance, suddenly thrown off by jungkook's words he spewed so casually.

'i can't tell you anything right now... you'll find out very soon.' he told her vaguely, before coming to a halt once they had reached his car. 'get in.' he said, after fishing for his car keys that were buried in his pockets, and beeping the car open.

yerim gulped, placing her dainty fingers around the car handle of the huge, gorgeous and expensive hyundai that was parked in front of her, which probably cost more than everything she's ever spent money on altogether in the past 22 years she's lived. she pulled at the door and climbed in at the front, awestruck at the black leather interior that was bizarrely clean.

in moments like this, yerim was forced to remember just how rich jungkook was, and how differently they have lived their lives up until now.

jungkook hopped in and swiftly buckled himself in and started the engine. 'you live nearby, right?'

yerim nodded, 'yeah, i'll give you directions'

'no need. just tell me the road name and the car will give me directions'

yerim's brows raised in surprise, 'of course it does...' she muttered to herself, before telling him her address. she then laid back into the seat comfortably, exhaling deeply. today had been a long ass day and she was more than ready to finally get home, eat and shower.