Chapter 1

Walking towards the old, rusty door I notice that there seems to be a young man, maybe in his early 20s, standing in front of the door as if he's a dragon protecting its treasure from any intruders. He looks up at me slightly so that I can see his eyes yet not his entire face. The man suddenly started walking towards me at a slow pace. I tense up at the sight of what he has in side of his belt...guns, knives and all kinds of them too. As he keeps walking towards me, he says,"Don't worry, I ain't gonna hurt you, so are ya gonna give me that letter of yours or not?" He has an American accent. His voice, soothing yet husky at the same time. 'He's American, I don't know where from though.' I think surprised that he predicted what I was gonna do and questioning at what an American is doing in this part of town, they're normally at the north part of the city. He continued to slowly walk towards me and suddenly halted. Thinking of getting the letter out of my pocket, I backed away slowly and started to put my hand inside of my pocket. While looking up, I saw a shadowy figure jump from one roof to another. I tried to comprehend what had just happened in the last few moments. A strange American man predicted where my "invitation" letter was and then a mysterious figure just jumped from a rooftop to another. These people that I am about to meet, they are not the normal nobles that come visit and laugh at us. No... they are the shadows that lurk in the dark at night and knows everything yet nobody knows them. That's the type off people I'm meeting tonight.

I hesitatingly pulled the letter out of my pocket and put it into the American’s badly scarred hand. I soon heard a dustbin’s lid close like someone is using a cymbal. “Don’t mean to interrupt but… can I give mine in too?” A tall, teenage boy with chestnut brown hair came into the light to introduce himself wearing a dark blue hoodie and some black jeans. “Woah, uh...hey, how old are you?” He asks me as he hands the American his letter awkwardly as he didn't know how to interact with me. I’m considering if I should answer his question, I mean he is a stranger, yet I gave my letter in anyways. “I’m 15 years old, how about you…?” I answer him in the most non-shy way I could. I don’t really like talking to strangers... “Nice to meet cha kid, I didn’t know kids were allowed in here.” I guess he didn’t hear me or my question since he called me a kid, or he’s just plainly mocking me. The grey-haired American man eventually moved aside to the side of the door and let us both in after checking both of our letters for any fraud letters of some sort.

After entering the little rusted doorway, I opened my eyes to see a very big number of people gathered in little cliques or groups of their own already. I glanced towards the boy that’s around my age who is still standing right beside me in wonder looking around at the many groups and cliques that’s in this very small, yet manageable room. I stared at his silver diamond-coloured eyes for a couple of seconds before looking away in order to not make things awkward, and I had to admit… He was pretty handsome (for someone that looks like he’s in the worker class). “So… where are you going to sit?” The (totally not so handsome) boy asked me awkwardly as he looked around for any vacant sits left in the room.