Chapter 8

4 Months later...

James Pov:

Regina's to-do date is almost near, and Gepetto is almost finished with the wardrobe. As I walked towards my and Regina's chamber, I heard a scream coming from inside. I run towards the door and open it to find Regina holding on to the desk of our chamber, breathing heavily, as there runs water from out her body, meaning only one thing... the baby was coming. As I rushed towards her, I called the guards to call the doctor. Regina leaned heavy onto me as I walked her towards the bed and layed her down. All of a sudden, Cora, Leopold, Zelena, Snow, and Ricky(as Regina calls him) came running through the door with the doctor not far behind. I see the worried looks on my parents, brother, and sisters-in-law as Regina's face grows pale by the second and because of the blood coming from her on the bed. I hope she will be okay during birth.

Regina's POV:

I really don't feel well. I feel the blood draining from my face and feel it flowing out of me. As I look at my husband, parents, and siblings, all I see is worry and fear in their eyes for me and my unborn child. As I look at James, I mention him to come towards me and whisper to him, "If any thing happens to me, I need you to promise me that you will do whatever it takes to save the baby. Even if I don't survive." I look at him to only see him trying to say something I already know will start a fight, "Promise me!" I said loudly, and he nodded sadly at me. As I smiled at him, a contraction came running through my body, and I screamed. The doctor ordered my parents, siblings, and husband out of the room and told me to start pushing, and as I pushed, I screamed louder and louder as the pain only grew stronger and finally darkness.

Leopold's POV:

As we waited outside waiting to hear from the doctor for news about Regina and the babe, I noticed the sky growing darker and far away the curse clouds coming closer. Gothel, I thought bitterly as the doctor came rushing out of the room and said, "She's losing too much blood for me to stop. Your Highness, Princess Regina, and the baby will not make it through the labor, and we need to make a decision. A decision between Princess Regina or the baby." She said, and James immediately answered in return, "The baby, save the baby. That's what Regina wants. She told me before we all left. Doctor, do whatever you have to do to save our baby. Please. That's on Princess Regina's orders." He tells her as she nods and goes back inside the room where my daughter lies fighting for her life and childs.

James POV:

A few hours later, we all hear crying from my chamber of a newborn babe. The doctor came out again with a sad look on her face as she looked at my baby. She hands the baby to me, and I instantly knew it was a girl. I look up and walk into my chamber to find Regina lying on the bed, looking so peaceful. As I walk towards her for a closer look, I see that she's not breathing. I cried and looked at my daughter, seeing a name stitch on the side in purple. Reagan . She named our daughter after her, maybe knowing I would do the same and as if she knew she would die. Reagan looks just like Regina. She has her raven hair, olive skin, lips, eyelashes, and eyes. She does eyes that I will never forget. I walk to Regina kissing her on the head as I hear thunder coming from outside of the castle knowing the curse was near and I had to say goodbye to my daughter not knowing when I will see her again. I run out of the room and towards Reagan's nursery, opening the wardrobe and putting her inside, kissing her little head, and whisper to her a quick. "Daddy and Mommy love you very much. Find us and save our people when the time is right." Closing the wardrobe with my daughter inside it, I broke into sobs down to the floor as the roof above me breaks and crumbled  and all of the sudden, darkness.