Prologue: Gone

"So... That's it I guess." I mumbled. "I- I'm going to miss you so much!" I cried out as I threw myself into my best friends arms.

We sat there for a while, until he pulled back, staring into my soul with his crystal eyes.

"Never forget" he insisted as he held his hand up in front of him.

"Best friends" I put mine up to match his.

"forever" we said in unison, and our fingers interlocked.

"oh I almost forgot!" he exclaimed in a rapid whisper. And then he pulled from his pants pocket a sharp looking rock.

"wha-"

"it's for your hand, here watch me" he cut me off, and I watched in amazement as he took the rock and made a cut across his palm. "Now you"

He handed the rock to me and without a hesitation a copied his movements. I didn't even feel it. I guess I was just too focused on what was going on, and wasn't aware.

He held his hand up again and our arms twined together.

"See? We're blood brothers. Now we will always have each other."

"Wherever you are.." I whispered hoarsely. We hugged again.

"Niall! Come on! You've have enough time for goodbyes! We are going to miss the plane, now get over here and put your stuff in the trunk."

"Stupid dad" Niall muttered as we both stood up from the log we were sitting on. I chuckled at him.

"Well you would hate to forget your underwear! Then would have to mail it all the way back to you!"

This time he laughed at me. Oh god I'm going to miss his laugh. My heart ached just thinking about it. Now this may sound deep coming from a 9 year old but trust me, Niall was different. My best friend since practically the day I was born. And now I would lose him. I looked up at him again and our eyes connected, the sadness of the situation finally really hitting us. Niall put his hands on my small shoulder.

"It's going to be ok. We will call each other every night and talk and send letters, ok? I won't forget."

My heart really shattered this time. That was my biggest fear. That Niall was going to go off on this great adventure in a new country and get new friends and that he would forget about me, back here in stupid America.

"I know." I choked out and gulped. This was the end of the road. I turned away from Niall and walked through the small patch of forest that separated our houses. Then just at the edge of the tree line, I looked back, waved at him and smiled, just like we always did. And he did the same. And I watched from there as he got into his car, his family already waiting, they pulled out, turned and were gone. My eyes gazed remorse fully at the empty road. And then I whipped around, tears streaming down my face, and ran back inside my home, only to collapse in a heap on top of my bed. I had just lost my whole world, and it seemed like I would never get it back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helloooo everyone!! So I have tried to write fanfics before this but those were shit so... I thought up this one! Got the inspiration from a guy friend of mine that I've known for forever and kinda looks like Niall too. Tell meh watcha think! Like it if ya liked it, or give me some feedback if I could improve something! Thanks!

Love ya, Sydxx