Bloody Water 1 - Muzan/Giyu

This is the longest oneshot I've ever written.

——————
The first time he met her was when it was cold. Snow dusted the ground, decorating all in the colour white. The winds were harsh, brushing against his skin. Winter was smiling as it hid the sun, gracing all with icy frost. He was no different.

   His nose had been painted a faint pink, along with the top of his ears. Puffs of smoke left cracked lips with every exhale. His fingers had turned to the colour of ice. A body that racked with shivers and goosebumps when the winds got too strong.

  With a step, he bent his knees and slid forward— the sound of his heartbeat echoing through his ears. I have to get better. The twelve-year old boy swung the sword again with a small scowl. I can't lag behind— He gritted his teeth to stop them chattering. I need to get stronger!

  "..I have to— I have to get better." Giyu muttered to himself, his bangs casting a shadow over his eyes as he stared down at the ground. So nobody else precious will die.

   A certain memory appeared and he narrowed his eyes, staring at the green and yellow haori on his shoulders. Heavy pants left him when he lowered the sword.

"..I can't lag behind."

Exhaustion painted over his features was quickly changed to determination, despite the small black dots in the corners of his vision

   "I w-will not." And just like that he swung forward once more, missing the duo watching him from afar. A girl and a boy.

..

The two watched him with narrowed eyes when he hazily stumbled forward, falling to the ground unmoving. Concern ran across the girl's face and she tugged on the boy's hand, forcing him to look at her. An invisible plead ran through her gaze, making him sigh.

  "Fine."

..

  His eyes slowly fluttered open, confusion tracing his thoughts. Where am I? I thought I was training outside...Giyu looked around shakily and savoured the warmth of the blanket on him but swallowed nervously. Did he take me in? His mind flashed to his teacher, who took him in to teach him. Because I was too weak to continue.. I am supposed to still be practicing.

He shut his eyes in exhaustion, feeling sweat drip down his temple. A headache. He felt hot, like it was burning. Overwhelming.. Then, he felt a hand touch his forehead, brushing away his bangs and a cold substance replaced it.

A gentle voice lulled him to sleep. It was warm, loving and kind.. just like his sister's voice. He wanted to hear it more but his eyes felt so heavy...

"Sleep"

And that he did.

...

He couldn't move for a while, put down by a heavy cold-like illness. A consequence of his continuous training in weather too cold for his body to handle. Giyu could only listen to the same, gentle voice. It was a voice he had grown to savour.

It was one he..loved.

Her hands were so soft, gentle..so kind and comforting when she would get him to eat and drink, replace the towel on his head.

He just loved the stories she would speak of. The way she would giggle and talk. She was a caring, humble girl. He could tell.