4

I was in the hospital for a week and tomorrow, Tuesday, was my first day back to school. I laid in bed staring at my black ceiling thinking. I know I should be sleeping but I can't sleep I'm nervous what's going to be said in school. It was already 3 I had to get up in three more hours to get ready.

I must have fallen asleep at some point though because I woke up to my alarm clock. I got up, got dressed and brushed my hair before walking to the kitchen and eating cereal for breakfast every morning. After I ate breakfast I walked back up the stairs redressing my bandages and pulling on my shoes. I walked to the bathroom Skyler and I shared. I applied makeup, brushed my teeth then straightened my hair.

Always brush your teeth before doing your hair, I thought to myself walking out to get my sweatshirt, if you do your hair first what if you don't have time to brush your teeth after. I started my walk with Skyler down the road going to school.

"You have to be careful don't rip open your wounds and don't mess up the bandages" Skyler said.

"Ya ya I know Skyler" I said walking into school. I was so tired but it's fine I just have 4 classes then lunch I can take a nap.

I sat at the lunch table with Skyler like everyday but there was a new kid there to today a boy with black hair that had green red and purple highlights. He was kinda cute but whatever. Ok maybe really cute.

"This is Ryder, he's new is it ok if he sits with us" Skyler asked and I just nodded my head yes then laid it on the table. I could hear Skyler talking to Ryder. Ryder's voice was deep but not to deep then they went quiet and I could feel somebody beside me.

"Hmm hi Jade how were you nights in the hospital trying to kill yourself your so young" Ashley said the school bitch I shot my head up

"What are you talking about Ashley I didn't try to kill myself I was on vacation for a week" I said before quickly adding "mother daughter time" to make my lie look good

"Oh ya is that so then what's this" she said pulling up my sleeve harshly and making me scream in pain as one of the cuts ripped open and blood started to show on my white bandage.

Skyler stood up "you bitch" he yelled. I looked at him with a look that said it's ok I got this.

"Ashley why don't you go with your prissy little friends and go get f@cked oh that's right because you already had sex with every guy in this school nobody wants you"

"Wrong I haven't had your freak of a brother"

"Oh that's a lie my brother took your verginity and I know because your the one that came up to me and said it"

"Well I didn't have that freak you were eye raping when you first came in, id take him now but I don't want your nasty seconds" she replied. I was speechless and starting to feel dizzy from the blood I'm loosing. My legs started to go weak and I could feel myself falling. "dont worry I have you" I recognized the males voice but it wasn't Skylers I could tell he was yelling at Ashley saying if something went wrong with me he'd come back and kill her for doing it to me. He said some other things I didn't hear since I was being carried away but I could hear Ashley crying and then footsteps behind me before my senses went blank.