"Empty Bed" (5)

{Title has nothing to do with it... And ^ sorry for the random music vid, if you watch it...}

~Ryan's POV~

Daycare starts in 2 hours, that should give me to enough time to play with pup! Recently, once I turned 8, I started bringing Pup home with me, the other kids DID recognize him as my dog, after all.

I looked over at Pup, who was watching me curiously as I packed my bag lightly with a bunch of tea.

"You wanna go outside bud?" He gave a bark in response, while his tail wagged excitedly. I smiled, Pup was the most adorable thing ever. 

I walked over to the door, Pup following close behind. I grabbed his tennis ball, which I leave by the door. The ball has his name written in bold letters, so we can't lose it in the grass. I opened the door and Pup rushed out, onto the lawn. He turned and looked at me. I threw the ball and it flew past him, and into the street.

I looked over at the neighbor's house, they looked shocked as they stared out at the street. Maybe they're scared of Pup?

I looked over at Pup, who was struggling to pick up the ball, to bring it back. I started to slowly walk towards him to help out.

As I reached the curb a black truck hit him.

I froze. What just happened?! What am I supposed to do?! I felt hot tears starting to roll down my cheek, the truck driver didn't even stop! 

I quickly looked up the street at where the truck was driving off and yelled; "MOTHER FUCKER!"  As I wiped tears away. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and looked back to see my  neighbor's wife trying to console me. I looked at where Pup lay on the ground,helpless, and saw my neighbor talking on the phone with, most likely the police.

"Don't worry, Ryan was it? We'll take care of him." The one holding my shoulder said. I wish I could remember their names, but all I could think about was Pup. He won't make it, I already know he won't.

"Please take care of him for me." I said shrugging her arm off, and walking back towards my house. 

I grabbed my bag and went back outside, only to be met by an officer. 

"Heading to school Ryan?" He asks. 

"No, to daycare." I answered, looking down at the ground.

The officer proceeded to ask me a few questions, I answered them all, then left.

(This first part was kinda based on my own experience, but the next part DOESN'T at all!)

-Time Skip To Ryan Being 13-

It's been 5 years since  Pup's passing. I still remember the day clearly.

Instead of focusing on the memory, I trace my thought to something else, popularity! I became the most popular  in school! Not for any reason, like in the movies. People trusted me with their problems!

People would compliment me, saying I have a heart of gold, to which I half-jokingly say; "that must be why its so heavy!" It was true. My heart has felt heavy since 2 years ago.

With the weight of Pup's death on my shoulder, I had to also take in the fact that Tina was moving to Ohio. I haven't seen her since she told me, and ran out.

I wasn't even able to say goodbye...

My mom and dad noticed my sad behavior, and took  me to a therapist. The therapist prescribed me pills, but they aren't working. Just last week, I tried to kill myself. But I couldn't. I know my family needs me. So I didn't.

They said the meds would take care of me..? I need to tell them they aren't working.

-Ryan's now in highschool-

I walked into the new highschool building. Well, new to me at least.

There I saw her. Her tiger print jacket, ears, and tail were unmistakable.

"Tina!" I shouted she looked around her, confused. It looked as if she mumbled my name.

I ran up to her, giving her a bear hug when I caught up. She was shocked clearly, considering she wasn't expecting to be hugged. 

"R-Ryan! Is that really you?!" She asked 

"The one and only!" I replied, releasing her and doing a bow.  She giggled a little and I remembered why I missed her so much. 

"So you moved back to Texas?" I asked. She nodded her head and pointed to Tony, who was talking to Kat.

"Me and that bugger." She laughed, causing  me to laugh to. Her laugh was always contagious.

I grabbed her wrist, and noticed that she winced. She couldn't be...? Could she...? I stopped and released her. "Are you...?" I was unable to finish the sentance.

She looked down at the ground and slightly nodded.

That was going to change soon.

"Don't worry, your here with me now." I said, puting my hand under her chin and bringing her head up to look at me.

"I'll take care of you." I said pulling her into a hug.

"And I'll take care of you" she replied.