8

"How did it go?"

I sighed looking at Chanri through the phone screen.

"It was.. okay" I said with an unsure tone.

Silence filled the room for a couple of minutes.

"So, I wasn't the one huh?"

I looked at her in shock.

"Not the one?"

"I mean.." she played with a hair tie on her desk.

"I wasn't the one you were talking to the whole time and we met by mistake. It's really weird, they really need to change that bug on having the same name. It's also stupid of the four of us, heh. How did we not know?"

I looked at her as she smiled sadly, looking at her desk.

"You know what's weird and stupid?" I say, as she looked at me with curiosity.

"I feel more chemistry with you," She looked at me, and I went on.

"Yes I talked to Nari longer, and we shared a bond over the things we liked. But when I saw her, I didn't feel anything. I don't feel like I belong with her. I belong somewhere else," I looked at her orbs.

"I belong with you.."

She looked at me, her faced looks flushed as she covers her mouth.

"S-Stop being so flirty"

I chuckled and looked at her again.

"You're mine, and I'm yours okay? Just because a little misunderstanding got in between, doesn't mean that we're not meant to be"

She smiled at me, still flustered.

"I guess love comes unexpectedly, especially with the person you don't expect to be with"

We smiled at each other and I felt my heart beat fast.

"I'm falling for you Kang Chanri"

Taken aback, she looks at me with shock. Her eyes softened and she smiled slightly.

"I think I am too Choi Yeonjun"

-

A few months passed after my encounter with Nari. Chanri and I are having fun with each other. Occasionally going on dates, visiting each other at work. Calling each other in the morning and at night. It was a great relationship. 

It was impossible to believe that Chanri and I weren't talking for all those months. It felt like we were two old friends catching up, and slowly catching up with each other. We are inseparable.

"Jun?"

"Hm?"

She turned to me, looking away from the sunset we were admiring.

"Uhm.." She says, playing with her hair.

"What is it?" I asked with worry.

"I.." She began hesitantly.

"I don't know how to say this"

I looked at her, I felt my heart sink. Hoping that she won't say those four words, I felt the anticipation in my body.

"We should break up"