Chapter 1 - Girl in the Storm

Dear Diary

"Today....was strange.

Let me explain real quick, so first things first, Brad's dead. As much as I (kind of) regret it, good riddance. Second, The man I met on the watchtower days ago, vanished, Don't know where he's gone, so that's great. Third, Stanley's a bit distanced, he hasn't really talked much to me. I don't blame him, after all that. Dina has no idea, but she's fucking traumatized and I'm pretty sure I am too."

The redhead tossed her newly acquired notebook onto her bed a sighed in frustration, eyes becoming wet for a moment as she wiped them away "everything's gonna be different now." she whispered to herself, memories of that night popping back into her head, jumping as the glass bottle on her desk shatters to pieces. "Shit," Syd said jumping up and running over to pick up the shards "Hey Goob, bring me the broom!" "Okay!" soon Liam ran into the room, carrying the broom and dustpan "Becaref-" "Ow" Liam dropped the broom as his bare feet came in contact with the glass son the floor "Liam!" Syd yelped as her brother hopped his way onto her bed "it's fine, just a prick." He said showing that no blood had spilled "Idiot, be more careful next time" Sydney said gently whacking Liam in the head. Liam laughed and was about to retaliate as their mother called for him sounding angry. "Uh oh," Liam mumbled under his breath running out of his sister's room, carefully avoiding the glass. Syd huffed with a smile on her face.

______

'Run, don't let them get you' she told herself, running barefoot through the woods faintly hearing the siren going off, she ignored it, running as fast as her fatigued body would let her. She wasn't sure how far she had run when she stopped feeling rain hit her forehead, soon it was falling in sheets as the mysterious girl wrapped her arms around herself. The white outfit matching her hair with its pure white color, her eyes a bright blue.

Stumbling forewords as a building came into view, quickly she ran over. Pushing open the door, the teen quietly stepped inside almost completely soaked. It seemed no one was around, but a good smell reached her nose as her mouth began to water. When did she eat last? Sneaking further into the store, she noticed a red-colored basket sitting on a counter with some kind of pale yellow sticks inside. Reaching over, she pulled one out and took a small bite out, smiling the girl began to stuff her face. Freezing when a presence behind her speaks "I do hope you plan on paying for those miss" Jumping up, the girl sprints away only to have her arm grabbed "No!" The man, a heavy-build man with tan skin and no hair, tries to calm her Watching as panic filled her eyes "Aye aye, it's alright. Jesus what the hell happened to you kid" he questioned as the girl continued to hyperventilate. Slowly, he steps forwards, pushing the basket of fries towards the girl who pauses and grabs it from off the table, cradling it in her arms as she stares down to the large man in the apron.

Noticing the hesitation the man speaks "I'll give you more food, just, calm down." The girl glances up at him. Thinking through the options, she replies "o-okay."

____**___**

Syd noticed that rain started pouring after she had fixed lunch for Liam and herself. Their mom had just left and Syd sat on the couch, listening to music and doing her homework. Receiving a notification she glances to see she had a text from an unknown number. Narrowing her eyes, she grabs the phone and opens it.

'Soon'

Syd felt a shiver go up to her spine, what the fuck does that mean? Deciding to ignore it, she tosses her phone onto the floor focusing back onto the math book in front of her. Soon, she was finished. Closing the book and setting it on the table, she focuses her powers on the TV successfully turning it on. Excited, the redhead glances back at her phone, seeing a random text from Stanley which was just an emoji of a smiley face and the words