Chapter 37: Uncle Darren

Brandon:

"So you're my uncle." Darren was sitting on our couch, drinking a cup of coffee. "Yep. I'm your dad's big brother. Well, one of his three big brothers." He said. I don't know about this guy. We don't have any proof that he's actually Dacky's uncle. He could be one of Chris's goons. He and Dacky look nothing alike. They have the same eye color but that's it. "Ok, but why were you following us?" Carly asked, also skeptical. "Nobody else knows where Duncan and Courtney are. Except me. I'm a detective, and I got put on your guys's case. Technically I was only supposed to be finding Leah because she's the only one who lived in New York, but I figured you were all together. And your parents asked me to find you. Pretty much as soon as you found Carly's parents I was able to figure out what you kids were doing. I heard about the auction and figured you guys would show up there. Then I saw you guys walking out here so I followed."

"Tell me more about how my parents disappeared." Said Dacky. "They wouldn't tell me why. They just said that they had to go somewhere Chris wouldn't find them. I know it wasn't because of the publicity, because they could handle that. It was the strangest thing because Courtney was right in the middle of a lawsuit against Chris. She became a lawyer obviously, and the way she saw it, what Chris did was illegal. She took it to court and turns out she was right. But she wouldn't know that because before the ruling was given she and Duncan disappeared. Luckily somebody else took over the case and won. So Chris was supposed to either give you kids back or tell us where to find you, and accept the prison sentence. But instead he also vanished and we've been looking for you guys ever since." 

I couldn't believe it. All this time we thought he had legally adopted us. "So where are my parents?" Dacky asked. "They're living in a forest in Utah. Like I said I don't know why they left but I do know they didn't want to. They wanted you back more than anything in the world. It had to have been something huge for them to leave. I'll give you their address." Said Darren. 

Dacky was suddenly crying and she ran to her bedroom. Well, more of our bedroom now. She was sitting on the bed, bent over with her face in her hands, shoulders heaving. I walked in and shut the door. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked, sitting down and rubbing her back. She looked up and said "I don't know if we should find my parents Brandon." "What? Why not?" She started crying harder and managed to choke out "I think I'm pregnant."

Leah:

"Here we are." Said Dad, opening the door to their apartment. Our apartment. From what I could see of it, it was kind of messy and cramped. "I know it's not much and it's a huge mess but it's ours." Mom said. "I love it." I said. They showed me my room, which was surprisingly spotless. The room was small and painted lavender. There wasn't much furniture besides the small pink Minnie Mouse bed, play table, and tent. "Do you still like Minnie Mouse?" Dad asked, making me laugh. We sat down in the semi clean living room, on the big brown couch. 

"So, what do you guys do for work?" I asked. "Well, as you probably guessed I'm an artist." Said Mom. "And I work at a music store, but I do gigs at this one coffee place every Friday." Said Dad. "That's really cool." "So whose kid is whose? No wait let me guess." I laughed. I love my Dad. "Ok. So the red head, Carry?" "Carly." "Ok. Carly is... Leshawna and Harold's daughter." "Yes." "Ok. And Ian is definitely Izzy's kid." I smiled and said "Yeah he is." My mom said "Oh I loved Owen. He was such a sweetheart." "Yeah Ian gets that from him." My Mom said "And Dacky looks just like Courtney. Well. Minus the green hair. Do you two get along?" "Yep. We've gotten into a few fights but that's what happens when you live together. She's like a sister to me."

"And Brandon and Sandy have to be Geoff and Bridgette's." My mom said. I laughed and said "Yeah. They're like clones of their parents." "So you and Sandy huh?" My Dad asked with a "you sly dog" look on his face. I felt my face heating up. "Yeah..." Mom laughed and said "No need to be embarrassed. How long have you two been dating?" "Well we actually started dating about two hours before we found you." "Really. How did that work out?" "We were kind of dancing around the fact that we liked each other for a while, but then Sandy came out and things just kind of fell into place."