Chapter 5

"What is it Minnowpaw?" I ask.

"ShadowClan and WindClan have formed an alliance and are now raiding our camp!" Minnowpaw rapidly explained.

"There's no way you'll be able to fight off both Clans if it's just RiverClan. We'll go back to our camp and send you backup from ThunderClan. Now go and defend your camp!" Sandstorm told us.

"Thank you, Sandstorm", I reply.

. . . . . .

When we got back to the camp, there were fighting cats everywhere!

I saw Dawnflower and Icewing defending the nursery against Owlwhisker and Ivytail, Blackstar and Onestar were clawing at Leopardstar near the leader's den, and near them I saw Mistyfoot and Russetfur rolling around in a bundle of blue-gray and dark ginger fur.

I saw that Graymist was trying to fight off both Nightcloud and Kinkfur, so I launched myself at Kinkfur to make it easier for Graymist to fight. Graymist and I teamed up and started partner fighting, driving off the two warrior she-cats.

It was going well for Graymist and I, until Ashfoot, Snaketail, Ratscar, and Crowfeather joined them.

I could tell that Crowfeather didn't want to be fighting against RiverClan because Feathertail, the cat who had been his first love, had once belonged to RiverClan. It probably hurts him to think about her because he was fighting against her Clan, when she had died saved him several moons earlier from Sharptooth, a mountain lion. But Crowfeather had to fight in order to prove his loyalty to WindClan and only to WindClan.

Everything seemed to be going wrong until...