Chapter 2 - Hellcome to the Happy Hotel

A few moments earlier ...
After watching the new 666 News show and hearing Katie Killjoy's mean words about Charlie and her project, Vaggie had to get out of the hotel and go for a walk in the city streets to calm her nerves. Angel Dust had decided to accompany her, on the one hand to monitor her, but also to take the opportunity to re-stock his drugs.
In the parking lot of a small suburban store, Vaggie paced back and forth, nervous and scowling, thinking of the thousand and one ways to torture Katie to make her pay, while Angel Dust entered change and pressed in front of a distributor the drug named "Angel Dust" button. Seeing him cheerfully sniffing the little bag of white powder he had just taken from the hatch, Vaggie sighed in annoyance.
_ "You did not need to accompany me if you just wanted to take drugs! I can very well manage on my own!" growled Vaggie, having to refrain from strangling him.
_ "You really take me for a fucking drug addict ..." replied Angel Dust while putting a coin back in the machine "... which is surely the case. Anyway, Charlie didn't want you to stay alone, so I came."
_ "Katie Killjoy ... this stiletto heel slut ... I don't know what keeps me from going to tell her my way of thinking ..." Vaggie gritted her teeth, having to hold back her anger. Angel Dust then came to her, taking her by the shoulder.
_ "And what's the point? To get Charlie in more trouble and make the hotel even more bad publicity? Oh yes, I'm sure she will love this plan."
_ "Your irony is not funny, Angel ..." replied Vaggie dryly, but having to admit that he was not wrong. Vaggie turned around, sighing heavily and now showing a more worried, sadder look.
_ "It's because ... I really worry about Charlie ..." she explained "... as a princess from hell, she has so many responsibilities ... she really believes in this project and that things can get better for us, and I want to help her ... she's the best person in this fucking world... I believe in her ..."
_ "Holy shit! What is that?!" suddenly exclaimed Angel Dust, his eyes raised to the sky. Interrupted but puzzled, Vaggie turned and froze when she saw what he was looking at.
Farther on, falling at full speed from the heights of the red sky, a ball of fire headed straight for ... the roof of the Happy Hotel.
_ "What the... oh no... Charlie ..." gasped Vaggie with fear. Without further ado, she started running as fast as possible towards the hotel. Seeing her do so, Angel Dust grabbed as many sachets of drugs in his four arms and ran to follow her.
*********
Back to the present moment ...
Charlie wished she was in a nightmare and woke up in bed, but that was not the case. She had heard the name of this stranger. He was ... the Doom Slayer. Swallowing, still held and threatened by the man, Charlie decided to obey the advice of Vega's artificial voice, and to answer the Slayer's question if she did not want to end in pieces.
_ "I ... my name is Charlie ..." she stuttered, trying to keep calm "... you are here in hell, and currently in my establishment, the Happy Hotel."
The Doom Slayer looked puzzled.
_ "This version of hell is unknown to the Slayer ..." explained Vega.
_ "Well, I don't know if there are several versions of hell or not ..." said Charlie "... I was born here and have never left my world. As a princess, I had too many responsibilities and my parents would never have wanted ..."
Faced with this explanation, the Slayer's expression changed and his gaze darkened, strengthening his grip on Charlie who felt it and was interrupted.
_ "You are the princess of this hell? Answer and don't lie!" then ordered Vega's voice following the Slayer's thoughts.
_ "Oh shit ..." whispered Charlie with fear "... uh ... y ... yes ... I ... I am the daughter of Lucifer and Lilith, the monarchs of hell ... "
Charlie was trembling, clenching his teeth and expecting that when faced with this answer, the Slayer decided to kill her. However, he still did not act and had another question.
_ "And ... do you plan to invade the earth and eradicate humanity?!" asked Vega. Charlie seemed very surprised by this question.
_ "No, not that I know in any case ... I have never been on earth, I have never even seen a human, until now ... my only goal here is to protect my people and to give them a chance to become better ..."
Charlie explained, but did not expect the Slayer to believe her. Demons wanting to be better? However, the Slayer listened to her, and even if this idea seemed such absurd, he guessed in the voice and in the way of speaking of the young princess, that she was sincere. Charlie closed her eyes again, tears in her eyes, able to feel the double cannons of the gun on her chin, ready to explode her head. Then, to her surprise, the Slayer's hand released her, letting her fall to her feet. Opening her eyes, she saw the man in armor putting his weapon behind his back, in silence.
_ "The Slayer believes you ... you are not like the demons he has been able to meet so far ... he feels that you are sincere, and for that, he has to decide to let you live .. "said Vega.
_ "T ... thank you ..." Charlie sighed in relief.