Chapter 2- The Waking

Gwaine POV

Every time I look at Merlin, all I see is this sad face, which is full of pain. I feel sorry for him, neither me, Arthur nor any of the other knights like seeing Merlin hurt or sad. But at the moment all I am wondering is who is this pale young girl on my horse, and why is she making Merlin so unhappy.

"Sire, we have not finished our mission, what should we do?" I ask.

"Good point, Gwaine,"Arthur says," Gwaine, do you mind if you and Merlin take the young woman back to Camelot, so, she could see Gaius," 

"No, not at all, sire," I replied. 

"Good, go ahead, we will see you back in Camelot tomorrow, “Arthur says," see you, Merlin,"

"Yeah, bye," Merlin replied dully.

Arthur trotted up to me and said," Look after Merlin and find out who that girl is, okay,"

All I did was give a single nod and turned my horse around to get the Merlin and young woman back to Camelot so they could see Gaius.

2 hours later

Merlin's POV

We arrived at Camelot at around 1o'clock. Me and Gwaine picked Zara up and took her up the stairs to Gaius.

"Gaius, she needs your help," Gwaine announced, as he nodded towards the girl who was in his arms.

"Of course, lay her down on the bed," Gaius told us. If anyone could help Zara, it would be Gaius.

"Is she going to be okay, Gaius?" I asked, as I was worried about my sister.

"I don't know Merlin, but one thing for sure, she needs rest," Gaius replied.

"Of course, Gaius," Gwaine said as he bowed, "Come on, Merlin.

“But...” I stuttered.

“I said, Come on, Merlin,” Gwaine said, a little bit too forcefully.

"Take good care of her, Gaius," I whispered.

Gwaine's Point of View

"Who is she," I asked," Merlin."

All Merlin does is look away.

"Merlin," I warn.

"Fine, her name is Zara, and......" Merlin stuttered.

"And, WHAT, MERLIN?"

"Her name is Zara, and she is my sister,"

"Sorry, did you just say that girl is your sister,"

"Twin sister if you want to be more specific,"

"Merlin," Gaius called, as he smiled, "guess who is awake,"

“She's awake!" Merlin shouted.