Chapter Three

(Kirishima's POV)

As we left the dorms and began to head towards the mall, I found myself at a loss for words. Everyone around me was engaged in conversation but I was still in awe from earlier. Sakurai looked amazing. I felt my cheeks heat up at the thought. Kaminari and Sero seemed to notice as the former slung an arm around my shoulder.

"Dude, you're totally crushing on the new girl!"

My head whipped in her direction, but it seemed like she hadn't heard him as she was laughing at something Mina said. "Shut up, man! I just met her today anyways."

Sero rolled his eyes. "So? That doesn't mean anything. We all know that... 'Kiri.'" He wiggled his eyebrows as he called me the nickname Sakurai gave me.

Both him and Kaminari doubled over in laughter as my cheeks burned even hotter than before. Bakugo grumbled about us being stupid as the girls looked back to us.

"Heeeeeeey! What's so funny?!" Mina exclaimed.

Sakurai chuckled. "Yeah tell us!"

"N-nothing! Kaminari just told a joke." I chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of my head.

"Oh really? What was it?" Sakurai questioned, a smirk on her face.

I looked away, unable to say anything. She chuckled before returning to her conversation with Mina. After about fifteen more minutes, we had made it to the mall. The six of us stayed together as we walked, Bakugo complaining the entire time. We all laughed at him, causing his temper to flare even worse than normal.

"SHUT UP YOU DAMN NERDS!"

His outburst just made us all laugh harder. As we walked around one of the stores, we all participated in our own conversations. The girls walked ahead of us, Sero and Kaminari were talking about who knows what and Bakugo and I walked next to each other in silence. All of our attention was soon on the girls once more as Mina started shaking Sakurai rather violently.

"Blossom! Don't look now, but that girl is totally checking you out!" She aggressively whispered, nodding her head to the left.

Sakurai's eyes widened as she discreetly looked in that direction, as did the rest of us. The girl smirked at her, obviously catching her stare. She quickly broke eye contact and continued walking.

"I think you're imagining things Mina. And Blossom?" She chuckled.

"Well, All Might called you that, didn't he? If you don't want me to call you that, I won't!"

She pat her head. "You're fine. Call me whatever you like."

I smiled at their interaction but my heart dropped into my stomach when the girl from before approached Sakurai. I couldn't focus on their conversation as I began to doubt myself. Sakurai had such a cool quirk and mine was totally boring and lame. Even if I were to flirt with her, she probably wouldn't want to be with me.

(Kaori's POV)

"A-ah, I appreciate it but..." I glanced back at Kiri. "No thanks." I finished with a sheepish smile.

She looked a bit bummed, but smiled and nodded in understanding. Letting out a breath of relief we continued on our way. The entire group walked together but I noticed that Kirishima wasn't with us. Looking around, I saw that he was lagging behind. I slowed down until we were walking side by side and linked arms with him. He looked up with a surprised expression which I returned with a smile.

"C'mon slow poke!"

Before he could respond, I began to drag him off to the next store, leaving the group behind. "OI! WAIT THE HELL UP FOR THE REST OF US!"