Chapter2

"Alexis wake up, I made pancakes ," my brother shook me gently as soon as I heard pancakes I shot up knocking Alex off of my bed , I ran straight to the kitchen where a plate of pancakes was on the table with sugar and lemon next to it . I looked through the cupboards until I found the maplwhen I did I drenched my pancakes in the syrup,"Mmmm," I moaned as I bit into the pancake I polished off the pancakes.

"First day of school, remember ," my eyes fly open

"Sccchhooolll," I exclaimed. We began to argue about me going to school.

An hour later I stood outside of a tall red brick building I felt like it was mocking me but I'd made a deal with my brother that I'd go to school so I climbed the steps slowly, my heels clapped on the stone steps as I reached the top the door opened and it swung open knocking me back into someone's arms.

"Are you alright?" a deep manly voice that sent shivers down my spine, I twisted in his arms to see how he looked. His face looked like a classic painting; cheekbones clearly defined under smooth tanned skin that looked like it would looked better on a L.A beach than in a high school like this.His hair was thick and black, matching eyebrows and lashes framing his concerned eyes. His hair was rather long and damp as if he hadn't gone inside when it started raining , his eyes were the most astounding colour of green, an emerald turquoise colour they were amazing so were the roots of his hair which were the same colour of his eyes.

"Finished staring then,"he smiled showing pearly whites and I almost melted but he had ruined the moment by being abnoxious and arrogant so I decided to say

"Ain't got nothing to see," in a southern accent. I smiled at his hurt expression than turned around and was just about to open the door when a hand wrapped around my wrist

" At least tell me your name," he pleaded , i pretended to think for a moment than

said" alexis ,". His Hand dropped from my wrist as I opened the door my mouth fell open the lounge was beautiful and bright, vivid greens, perfect pinks and beautiful blues filled the room. The chairs were richly embroidered sofas, each chair had a picture of a different animal, you could see each animal clearly, "Do you like it?" the guy asked but then I realised that I didn't know his name and said " you haven't told me your name, which isn't nice since I told you my name,"

" jake, jake kendrix," he said and I smiled at his James bond act, I waved bye to jake than I ran to the information desk where a file that said 'Alexis Parks'