Chapter 1

THE TENSION WAS SO THICK YOU COULD CUT IT WITH A KNIFE. You'd think after traveling for many months we'd be glad to finally make it to the dragon pit. Ru Shi looked excited as she gazed at the colosseum like ruins, but I expected that. She's always been more curious than other people. I glanced at Camilla, she seemed to be closing in on herself, trying to appear smaller. She must be nervous about this, considering she's the only one who's actually seen what the monsters look like. The three brothers, were behind me, the eldest was at least looking out for trouble.

Too bad the other ones were just causing trouble.

"Edwin, Liam! You know it's our sworn duty to protect her grace, and you can't do that if you're too focused on who got off the boat first! Can't you just say you both got off at the same time?"

"Fuck off Charlie!! I've gotta teach the runt who's older and stronger and smarter or else he'll be a menace who thinks he better than everyone!"

"I don't think I'm better than everyone, just you!"

Ed glared down at his younger brother, grabs his head and knocking him back into Kenai who watched his friend fighting with his younger brother. Marie looked exasperated at the brothers and looked to Leo for help.

The knight simply let out a chuckle, took a sip from his "water" skin and shrugged, looking amused at her.

Kenai helped Liam up, and as soon as he was on his feet he moved toward me.

"Your grace why did you bring that oaf? We could have left him on the boat! He'd probably liked it better that way too."

I let out the laugh that had been at the back of my throat for awhile now.

"If he wasn't here, I wouldn't have enough protection, since you're not skilled enough to protect me in his place!" I teased him, ruffling his hair.

He opened his mouth to retort when Camilla stopped walking.
"Camilla?"
I walked up to her and put my hand on her back.
"What's wrong?"
"...We're here"
I looked down at her worriedly before glancing around the arena, the people flooding in looking at us strangely, not knowing who we are or why we're here. Immediately I straightened my back and smoothed my face. No weaknesses. I was a conquerer and I'd be damned if after conquering a continent I would be looked down upon by these people. Not again.
I found a chair to the side and watched as everyone else filed in, Ru Shi and Marie Sitting next to me while Kenai stood to my right and the rest stood protectively behind us.
The people who left standing, seemed to be looking around for someone. Finally, I could see a party of people dressed in black following behind a blond knight and blond queen.

The lion queen. I narrowed my eyes and analyzed her. She quickly glanced at me with an eyebrow raised and back to the knight as if to ask "who let this one in?"

To say I was offended would put it mildly.

I gripped my chair as my eyes followed her as she sat on the chair like it was a throne, head raised as if looking down on everyone.

"Where is she?"

"She'll be here soon."

A man who looked to be half liams size said, a beard covering his face as a scar that went across his nose wrinkled as he talked. He was wearing a pin of a silver hand on his shirt. The lioness' party had a guy wear a pin like that too, but it was gold.