Chapter Seven: Mates

Today Jake and I decided to talk to Derek about Jake and I being mates. We are now in the woods waiting for him to arrive and Jake is trying to get close to me. But I'm ignoring him because of the whole Whoresley thing.

Yeah still hate her ;) AND HE'S STILL WITH HER!

"Come on Kat! You can't still be mad at me; we are mates for god's sake! Stop being so childish.."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?! I'm childish when you're the one who couldn't keep it in his pants because he thought I was a fucking week HUMAN!! AND YOU ARE STILL WITH THAT BITCH!"

He is getting on my nerves right now! How can the moon goddess pair us up together?!

"Oh like your one to talk you went after Derek right when he moved!! And you say Ashley is the SLUT! AND YES I'M STILL WITH HER BECAUSE AT LEAST SHE GIVES ME WHAT I WANT!"

Oh no he didn't just come pair me with that whore?!

"What?"

I say in the calmest voice that it's scary.

"You heard me. How can you say she's a slut when here you are throwing yourself at the first guy that gives you the slightest attention?! And we found out we were mates for what a week and you don't even let me fucking kiss you!"

I can't believe this! *Slap* I slap him then I say

"You know what?! FINE go with that bitch see if I care! I Katherine Joann Marshall Cruz reject you Jackson Stone Mathew as my mate!"

With that, I leave filling like someone just ripped my heart out. But not as much as my parents said it feels when you reject your mate. Huh weird.

As I'm reaching the end of the wood I run into something or should I saw someone that makes my skin tingle.

"We should really stop doing thi... hey- hey Kat what happened? Why are you crying? Love, what's wrong? What can I do to help? "

It was Derek who found me and freaked out seeing my tears. Then put his arms around me holding me tight as my body jerked from me crying.

"Sweetheart please tell me I want to help you, it hurts me to see you like this, please? "

As I look up at him I see tears falling from his eyes.

That's it! That did it I broke down and told him everything. From me being witch/ werewolf to being mates with Jake till our fight which I think saying he was pissed is an understatement.

"THAT MOTHERFUCKER I'M GOING TO KILL HIM HOW COULD HE COMPARE AND CHEAT ON YOU WITH THAT FUCKING WHORE?!"

Well, at least I'm not the only one who thinks that was low even for him.

"Dere please calm down I rejected him"

I whisper looking down feeling sad all over again. I mean I just lost the only person that was meant to love me forever because of a whore.

"Hey but you still have me I might not be him but I do like you a lot, like a lot a lot. And can see myself falling for you sooner rather than later."

He tells me smiling that charming smile of his that I can't help but return but that smile is quickly replaced with a frown.

"What, what about your mate?"

"I don't have one, well I didn't."

"What do you mean? You had one before?"

I ask him now confused, Jake was my mate, right?

"I never said I didn't ever have one. I said I didn't have one till now, she, my first mate passed away three years ago a drunk driver it was a hit and run while she was on the sidewalk. And before you ask why she didn't heal with our wolf's gene? Is because she was human."

OMG, I didn't realize a was crying again till Derek's thumb cleaned my tears and he kissed the tear stains away. I felt so bad for him, here I am talking to him about my sucky mate while he is dead! I hug him and then stare into his eyes and see that he is leaning in and so am I. I feel our lips connect and move in sync he is not my mate so why do I feel butterflies and firework when we kiss and electricity when we touch?