fanfiction [william byron]

word count: 1738 (haha)
requested by: me
summary: Wattpad tests a relationship with a secret
warnings: Gets a little freaky at the end
date published: April 1, 2020 / 11:52 pm
authors note: requests are open!! I have a couple I need to work on but I loved this idea so I had to do it

-

William and Lane laid on their motorhome's couch after a long day of practice in Bristol. "Are you up for some Mario Kart?" William asked his girlfriend. She shrugged. "Sure, just be prepared for a beat down." He laughed, "Here we go again. You still seem to think you can beat the professional race car driver."

Lane shook her head. "Oh, William. That is coming from the man that has lost our past 3 championships!" William pouted and crossed his arms over his chest. "That's because you know I suck at Rainbow Road! If you stopped picking Rainbow Road for the final race you would be dead meat."

Lane rolled her eyes and stood up. "I'm going to the bathroom. When I get back I expect the television to be on and ready for me to pick my character." William smiled and saluted her as she walked away. "Yes, ma'am!" He watched her as she walked away. The amount of love he had for that girl was insane. Even though she was someone a better Mario Kart racer than him and always forgot to order his sandwiches without mustard he still managed to love her.

The pair had met at a fan event a few years back. Lane had confidently approached him and told him how she respected him as a driver and how confident she was that his first Cup series would be coming soon. He was flattered by her kindness and invited her to meet for some food later.

Ever since then the two had been inseparable. Lane was doing online schooling to earn her English degree so she had time to travel from track to track with Byron, and William was more than happy to have his #1 supporter along for his ride. She supported him in everything except his Mario Kart career. Tonight he was determined to turn the tables and come out with a victory.

Lane came back from the bathroom with her game face on. She grabbed her controller and sat on the couch. They chose their characters and the tracks.

"Before we start, I think we should add a competitive aspect," Will grinned. Lane, however, was unsure. "Isn't it already pretty competitive? You get more upset about these races than your real races." "Hey! These are real races!" The boy defended himself. Lane only laughed. "So, what did you have in mind?" A smirk fell upon William's face.

"How about this: if I win you have to post on twitter that I have never lost a Mario Kart race. And if you win, um, you can have a back massage." Lane raised her eyebrows. "That does not sound like a fair deal at all," she protested. "Especially because I would have to lie!" "Feeling a little pressure now, are we?" Lane rolled her eyes and sighed. "Okay, fine. Only because I know I'm taking you down."

Lane and William battled with every last ounce of their energy. The championship ended with the classic finally: Rainbow Road. Only this time William had gotten better. Lane was shocked to see Will cross the finish line before her. Her controller was thrown across the room as her boyfriend jumped up in celebration.

"I can't believe this! What has the world come to?" She fell to the ground at the pain of her loss. "Don't be so dramatic. We all knew it was coming," Will spoke cooly. "And don't forget, you have a little something to tweet, don't you?" Lane groaned. She had forgotten about their entirely unfair deal because she had just assumed that she would win.

"Would you like to do the honors or should I?" He grinned triumphantly. Lane groaned and threw her phone at him. "You do it. I can't bear the thought of lying to my millions of fans," she cried as she dramatically fell onto the floor. William laughed mischievously and unlocked her phone. He opened up Twitter to post their agreed message but a notification stopped him in his tracks.