Chapter 02

Another World

•••

"Who is this woman?"

"Where did she come from?"

"Maybe she's an alien! We need to tell the guards!"

"Hurry Placito! Call the guards!"

"Yes, Mama!"

Arghh.

My head is throbbing, it's like I've drained the full jug of rum and vodka at once. Why is it so noisy? My hands feel so numb and I can barely stand up. I tried opening my eyes, but the sunlight is striking through my face. I lifted my arms slowly, but a shot of pain affects me.

"Oww..." I winced. I heard everyone gasped as I reacted.

"Step away, please, we'll take her to the Castle and lock her in the dungeon." A baritone voice said. I heard a couple of footsteps walking towards me.

I still can't open my eyes, but I felt a sturdy arm held me from my shoulders and waist and lifted me like I'm placed inside a coffin. I felt them moving like we're walking and the voices from the ladies back then diminished.

The sunlight striking my face grew bigger. It's harder to open it. So I raised my arms one more time to cover just half of my face, even if my arms ache. Everything was peaceful, there are trees at both sides, I glanced down to my right and looked at a guard with an unusually long hat carrying me.

"Wait wait! Put me down!" I tried to escape from them. They went out of balance and released me on the floor.

"Aww aww, it stings." I grimaced.

"Stay right there alien!" Alien?! I raised my gaze and looked at an excessively hairy man pointing his sharp blade in my face.

"What? Who? I— where am I?!" I shouted at them, trying to get up. All the guards suddenly pointed their swords at me.

Are they crazy?!

"I said stop right there, we need to take you to the castle because you made a mess here in our land." Mess?

"What kind of mess are you talking about?" I almost choke on my words because of my dry throat and lips.

"She can talk Sir, maybe she's from another planet?" I gave them a scrunched look. What are they talking about?!

I was about to open my mouth when someone interrupted me. "What is going on here?" The guards' eyes widened and they placed their weapons on their side.

They made way for the person riding on a horse in the middle and gestured a salute.

"Sir! We found this woman in the middle of the village. She had gathered an enormous crowd." The guard leader—I think—said.

"Let her come to me." The 'Sir' said in a calm tone. The guard gestured me to walk towards 'Sir'.

I rolled my eyes at him and walked towards the horse. I brushed off my shirt and my denim shorts since I felt like clouds of dust were glued on my clothes.