Chapter 3

Over the time Kentin and I casually talked more and more with each other but we didn't talk about us again after we reunited. So I am not sure what he really wants. Anyway recently I finally gathered all my courage to ask him:

"Hey Kentin,"

"Yes?"

"Would you mind going out with me on Saturday"- Oh shit what am I doing

"You mean on a date?"

"Pff, nooo", I lied out of the reflex

"Ohh - . Sure, I would like to spend my time with you. So what do you have in mind?"

Ohh fuck I definitely didn't thought this one through. I mean how would guess I even get past the question part? Anyway think... get yourself together. You need something adventures that he likes but doesn't do so often and something you don't make to much a fool of yourself and it should be romantic and ... . His eyes already pierce me with question marks. In shock about the fact I lost myself in thoughts I just said:

"Laser tag would be fun, doesn't it?" - Shit. Why laser tag? What am I stupid he never would agree to such thing. I was so close but know I lost my chance and I never will get a new one because there is no way he says:

"Yes. That's sounds perfekt", he said. Leaving me there standing perfectly still as he wouldn't see meif I didn't flinch.

Saturday came and Kentin picked me up to go.

When we got there, we got the instructions that we have two teams of two people. We didn't know or opponents

We got our laser pistols and a west with sensors.

We played two round of 15 minutes, the first one to get used to the game, the hall and everything.

At the end of the first round Kentin got the most "kills" and also used for them less shots than the others.

During the second round everyone knew the map and how everything works.

I for myself was there to give Kentin cover. He was there for the rest.

The time on our last round runs low and our points where about equal with the points of the opponents. So the atmosphere got tense. It was perfectly silent. Kentin and I were sneaking through the middle part of the map right next to a hill of barrels for cover. As we prepared to go around a corner, I heard the cling of metal against a barrel. It wasn't me nether Kentin so turned around, I sawa guy aiming right at me about to pull the trigger.I hear Kentin shouting my name and there he was already in his jump between me and the enemy. 'Cause of this he hit his head on barrel us.

The round was over.

I ran besides Kentin.

"Kentin, is everything alright?", I asked worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. When I was at my fathers I got wounded worse", he said with a slight smile, "but I like the fact that you are worried about me"

"That's not funny", I claimed

"(Y/N), I wasn't joking, it's really sweet of you. You are more like Í hate people' so it's something new to see this side of you", he explained, brushing some of my hair behind my ear.

In the end Kentin and I won both rounds against the two guys we didn't know.

It was already dark outside, so Kentin insisted of walking me home. We were chatting about this and that but on the last meters, he went shortly silent and then said:

"I had a really great time today. I hope you had one too?"

"It was great. But you didn't had to go all out in laser tag. You could have get hurt.", I said with a serious look.

We arrived in front of my house. He stopped while I was about to pass through the door.

He pulled my arm softly. I turned around to him. I got awfully close to him. He was so tall I had to look up to see him in the eyes. I lost myself in his gentle gaze. I felt his hand let loose of my arm and wandering towards my waist, further pulling me closer.

"I promise, next time I will be more careful", he said calmly.

His other hand reached for my bangs, falling down over my eyes. I felt his fingertips slowly going down, fondling my cheek. With his arm he pulled me up a bit. Our noses nearly touched. I closed my eyes. My heart beat like it would explode. It was getting hotter for a while now. Every second waitingfelt like an eternity passing. Finally his lips pressed soflty against mine.

Our first kiss. He loosed his grip and stepped a bit away

"Bye", he said.

I was still trying to comprehend what was happening. I just stuttered a "b- bye" and turned around, slowly stumbling towards my apartment. This means Kentin and I are now... a couple!

When I reached the apartment door my parents awaited me.

"Who was that guy and why did he kiss you?", my father asked angrily

"I think it's Kentin, isn't he?" my mother asked me with a bright grinn

"Yes, he is", I sayd with quite a blush on my face

"And why did he kiss you?", my father asked again

"I think they are a couple. I'm so happy for you", mom said higging me

"I'm not quite what to think about that, you are too young for a boyfriend", dad said, "but your mather is okay with it, so I can't do anything about that. But if he hurts you, I'll get to know me"