Chapter two

Jamal's POV
"Just make sure your research is perfect... I don't want any mistakes... thank you Mrs Adam" i dismissed my most loyal assistant.

She got to the door and paused.. like she wanted to say something...

"Is there anything else?" I asked curiously... she's never this nervous...

"Uhm... actually yes sir..." she came back slowly and then I noticed the bag under her eyes... she must be sick...

"Are You okay Mrs Adam? You don't look so good..." I asked now worried,
Mrs Adam is not just my assistant... she does pretty much everything for me... like an older sister figure.

"No I'm fine... it's my son, he's really sick..." she explained

"Have You taken him to the hospital...?" I asked...

Yes... but they said he would have to be referred somewhere else... I fear that might mean... th..."

"No!" I cut her off... I went to her and held her shoulders...
"He's gonna be fine! I want you to take the rest of the week off... get your passports ready, I'll arrange for a doctor in London to see you.."

"I can never thank you enough Mr Jamal... may Allah reward you with the best of everything.." she smiled... fighting the tears..

"Now go... I will call them and arrange the flight... okay?" I reassured and she nodded

"But I can't leave the office like this... you need a replacement..."

"No.. i can survive a few days.. you know I don't trust easily..."

"How about I vet them myself... that way.. I'll give you the best.." she argued and I chuckled.. sometimes she becomes a mom too...

"Okay... do it... pick the best two and I'll make the decision... if I don't like both... you'll give up... agreed?" I negotiated and she bowed mockingly..

She reached the door when my father opened the door... she greeted him and he smiled.

"Morning father..." I walked up to him and we hugged.

"Morning son... is Mrs Adams okay?"
He asked curiously... leave it to my dad to be extra caring to all employees

I filled him in on her situation and he listened carefully..

"I hope you are looking for a temporary replacement before she comes back?"

"Yes... she'll take care of that.." then I noticed the mischief on his face...

"What are you up to dad..." I asked knowingly...
my father might be old... but he's full of mischief and life...

"Oh nothing... well if there's nothing here... I'll be in my office." He stood up..

"Dad..." i trailed...

"Yes son?"

"I'm sorry about the other night..."

"I understand you... but you need to understand that it's not just about you anymore.... Leena needs a mother figure in her life...." he paused
Probably careful not to provoke me again...

"I know what you went through.... but... not all women are the same..." he said and I snorted

"Yeah we just happen to be the most unlucky men in the world."

"Maybe... but... just give it a thought okay? Promise me." He pleaded and I could see the worry and desperation in his eyes... but I couldn't lie to him.

"I don't want to lie to you dad... I can't do it again... I have you and Leena... I don't need anyone else.. please understand and let's not discuss this again." I said finally and he understood I wasn't going to change my mind.

He nodded and left... I sit back and tried to go back to work... but my head is pained once again... I can't concentrate..

I still remember how I was deceived, broken by the very woman I thought was my everything....
I gave her everything I could possibly have... I thought it was true love...
Guess not.

Thinking about her made my heart boil... and there was only one thing that could help me now...

I stepped out of the office and went home..
The second my door opened... my most precious possession came crashing to me!
"DADDYYYY!" She yelled as I scooped her up and rained kisses on her adorable face

"How are you my princess!" I asked her and she just stared at me

"Are You okay daddy? You're home early... do you have a headache?" She asked worried as she placed her tiny hand on my forehead, checking my temperature... that made my heart swell..

"Just a little tired my love... that's all..." I lied and she frowned... like she could see right through me

"Are you sure?" She asked suspiciously and I chuckled

"Okay smarty pants... I'll tell you what will make me feel better... how about we order pizza and watch your favorite movie?" I offered and her eyes sparkled!

"Maleficent???" She jumped

"Yes princess!"

"Deal!" She sprinted off to my room... probably to arrange our pillows on the floor and the blankets... ready for movie night.

If there was one thing that made me whole again.. it was leena... when I see her face, I forget my pain... when she's close to me... I feel complete.

I sent the cook and nanny home and picked up the pizza from the door...

"Leena? Pizza is here!" I called out and I heard her in my room...

I was about to leave the kitchen when my phone rang...
"What"

"Well screw you too man!" I heard my best friend Mahmud yell as well.

"Ha! Can't be screwed more than this bro" I joked and he laughed
"Just came by your office and no ones here... everything okay?" He asked and I rolled my eyes... like seriously does him and my dad just think I'm gonna jump over a bridge or something?

"Had to come home early... We have movie night..." I said flatly

"So it had nothing to do with the conversation you had with dad the other night?"

"Can we talk about this tomorrow?"

"Sure man.. kisses to my baby girl." He gave up... good

I walked to my room and see that she had already changed to her pajamas and sat politely waiting...
Sometimes it scares me how fast she's growing...

We sat on the floor and started the movie...

"Dad? Are you better now?" She asked concerned

I pulled her closer and kissed her forehead...
"I am now..."