CHAPTER TEN

Fred was livid

Fred was livid.

It did not take long for him to figure what Nimah was doing, because after all, he's been on the end of most of her pranks. So, it was almost impossible for him not to know who was causing mischief.

Though, he didn't want to believe it, because he was sure Nimah wouldn't give in and go back to it. However, that was most likely what he fully believed, for the reason that it just made sense—She was injured and the days of her pranking was over.

Still, while he didn't own her or control her for the matter, he still felt it was something he needed to be responsible for.

Finding her was easy as it went, but confronting her—it was far from it.

He didn't want to just blow up without thinking about her side of things, but Fred—just had a lot bottled up from the situation.

While most would shake their heads in disbelief—the truth was they didn't understand.

Sure, he didn't get injured and sure, he didn't lose his ability to continue his dream—but the one thing they didn't know was that his dream was shattered as well.

"I thought you were over this" Fred's voice appeared behind Nimah who was currently peeking around the corner observing her work in action. Her current victim was none other than James, who she had yet to get back for the whole tricking her and Fred a few weeks back.

Nimah motioned her hand on her lip, gesturing him to be silent. However, before she turned back, she felt Fred take a hold of her wrist.

"What are—" Nimah was about to retort but stopped seeing the furious facial expression he was wearing.

"I said what I did, Black, what in Merlin's name are you thinking?" Fred hissed at her not aware that his voice was growing louder

Nimah scrunched her nose," Again, what are you going on about?" Fred grit his teeth but before he could state his reason, she pulled her hand out of his grip," I knew it" She cursed under her breath

"I bloody knew it!" Nimah straightened her posture and poked his chest aggressively," You also think that I can't do this because of my injury!" She stepped back and brought her hands through her hair, almost pulling it," No, it's not just you...it's everyone! Every bloody person! Just—Just because I got hurt doesn't mean I'm invalid!!"

Fred let out a breath as he watched Nimah slowly lose her composure," No, no one thinks your invalid—

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Nimah glared at him," I see the looks and I bloody hear the whispers! The way people pick up their pace and open the door for me but casually pretending they weren't—All of it! Merlin, I see all of it!!"

The volume of her voice had grew and suddenly people started gathering at the scene. Fortunately, before they could see her breakdown, Nimah was suddenly lifted off the ground and was in Fred's arms.

She was ready to protest, but when she got the look at his face she didn't.

It was faint, but she could see the tears trailing down his face.