Tea, Pie, and Coffee

Chapter 1 ................................................

Clara finally slumped her heavy bag down on the bench next to her. She had just gotten back from the library where she had gotten 15 large volumes. Clara, very anxious to start, picked up the first book she saw and opened it to page one. Clara loved to read more than anything. Ever since her mother and father had passed away it was her way of coping, to bury herself into the wonders of a good book. But all of a sudden ripped from her daydream she feels a strange drop on her head. She looks up at the clouds and sees that it is starting to rain. She sighs gathering up her books and looking for a form of nearby shelter. She out of the corner of her eye, sees a little tea shop called Tea, Pie, and Coffee. It looks nice enough so she goes inside, seeking a warm place to read. Inside there is almost nobody. The place is furnished like an old Victorian living room. It has huge red couches and large bookshelves every where. Clara instantly falls in love. She finds a nice plush velvet couch to sit on and read. She orders a tea and reads there for hours. Clara realizes that it is very late and she has to go. She looks around and thinks to herself that she will come back again and back again she did come.