four

minjoo turned around swiftly and smoothly, to find chaewon, as she expected. 

the same chaewon who could never see flowers too many times.

the same chaewon who would never be tired of the sweet fragrances rushing into her system every time she had picked out flowers - especially those scarlet red roses.

the older had a firm stance that each flower was a delicate bloom, no matter the origin (either from a formal garden or a waste land); and that their petals were delicate works of art and hues, medicine for souls. chaewon feared a life without blossoms.

people brought flowers into hospitals and graveyards, people sent flowers to express love, and people planted flowers in yards though they bear no edible fruits. cities spend thousands replacing flowers along streets and as soon as they brown - more are brought in.

there just had to be something about their beauty, a beauty that the girl needed for her to be whole, alive, and well. chaewon never understood her love for flowers but it was unconditional.

naturally, with her love for dainty stems and soft leaflets, chaewon purchases flowers almost too often for her members. it was her love language, and today was one girl's, supposedly, special day to receive such gift.

"i was rushing to look for you after i saw you with yujin - here is the rose i mentioned last time," the older shyly smiled, giving minjoo a single flower. it was pretty. sure it was, but the taller felt a stench rising from her stomach.

"thanks, chaewon-unnie. it really is pretty like you promised." minjoo stutters.

"just like you," the shorter smiles, "pretty flowers always remind me of you."

oh, just how minjoo wishes her surgery had proceeded.

the girl now with the flower smiles, an undertone of sadness, "i appreciate it, i really do."

"not a problem, my little princess - i love you."

⠀⠀⠀