Chapter 3

Its been two whole days that I haven't heard from neither Miguel or Adam. I took it out of my own initiative to give both a message which read "Hey man call me I really need to speak to you" followed with my contact number. One whole hour has passed, and my phone suddenly starts to ring, its Miguel!

"Hey man what the hell is going on bro?!" I asked passive aggressively.

"Man, you got us involved in a fucked situation, why wouldn't you tell me that you had something to do with Charlotte's death?!" Miguel answered sternly.

"What are you talking about Miguel" I asked instantly.

"THERE IS A VIDEO OF YOU WITH THEM HOOLIGANS STAMPING ON HER FATHERS HEAD TO DEATH" Miguel shouted.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT... I haven't been informed of... any of this... and ...now her father is... DEAD also?!" I asked confusingly.

"BASICALLY, all I know and heard is that Charlotte was killed by her ex and his friends on her way home from celebrating her father's birthday. The CCTV footage shows the suspects and there is one that hasn't been found because his face was hidden... and ... he...was wearing exactly what you were wearing... the same day you met with me in the night when you were stressed out" Miguel said out of breath.

"MIGUEL I WAS NOT INVOLVED IN ANY OF THIS! HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK THIS OF ME! I LOVE CHARLOTTE... well... I LOVED Charlotte I guess" I sobbed.

"I know Harley, I doubted it myself, but... I know it was... you man... I wanted to help you... with this, but I... CAN'T MAN! You fucked up on this one bro... Take care man... you're on your own from here" to which he disconnected the call.

What on earth is Miguel talking about. HAS HE LOST HIS MIND?... ME?... LITTLE OLD ME?... A MURDERER? I had to find out what is happening. I ran downstairs to put on the T.V. to see if it is on the news. There it was in a bold heading "FEMALE COLLEGE STUDENT STABBED TO DEATH FOR PROTECTING HER FATHER BY CRAZY EX BOYFRIEND". Miguel wasn't lying about her and her father's death. The news started to show the footage of the father getting stamped on and... and... there I FUCKING WAS. IT WAS ME. I KNOW IT WAS ME. The way he was dressed, the way he was moving, the back of his head. IT WAS ME. The date had said it was exactly four weeks ago. That is exactly when I had worn that same outfit of the person in the video. I repeatedly watched the video because I have no recollection of this as I have been sleeping and revising the past few months. This COULDN'T HAVE BEEN ME. Suddenly, I noticed that out of all the people in the video, the person that is supposedly me, had his face blurry every time he faced the camera. How is this possible? He is the closest to the camera, yet you can see everyone else clearer than him.

My phone starting to ring on an unknown caller ID. I was nervous to pick it up, which made me more intrigued to answer.

"Hello, who is th...?" to which I was interrupted.

"... its ad... Adam Hancock" Adam said nervously.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU CONTACTING ME CONSTANTLY?" I screamed.

"Relax yourself man, I am a very useful person for you, I know YOU more than you know yourself" Adam said very calmly.

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN" I shouted.

"You will find out in due time my friend! Anyway, I need to make this quick... I know why you were at the scene of Charlottes death and I also know why you do not recollect any of this information" Adam smoothly said.

"what... wh... why... WHY?" I asked.

"Just have patience, your time will come, and you will find everything out! JUST HAVE PATIENCE" Adam answered.

"Man please..." to which Adam interrupted.

"... ONE LAST THING! When you see the black wolf walking on a mountain... MESSAGE ME ON FACEBOOK..." said Adam very irregularly.

"... WHAT THE FUCK MA..." to which I was interrupted.

"...BYE" to which Adam disconnects the call.