Chapter 2

Ame's pov

I lay on the other side of the cave, looking at the girl who had fallen asleep again. She fidgeted slightly and I pricked my ears. I slowly got to my feet and walked over. She was clutching onto her shirt tightly.

I tilted my head, leaning down. I nudged my face with my muzzle. She opened her eyes, looking at me with tear filled eyes. I pinned my ears down. I lay down next to her, licking her face to comfort her. She gave a small smile, brushing the fur between my ears. I let my shoulders relax when she brushed my side.

"I miss my family" she mumbles, leaning into my fur. I flick my ears. I debated taking her back home but I didn't know where she lived. I hold back a yelp when my fur is tugged slightly. She notices.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you" she sighs, letting go of my fur and laying on her back. She really needed help. Someone to talk to. She was upset. A humming caught me off guard. I looked to see that she had pulled out a framed photo from her bags and was humming a simple tune that sounded like a lullaby.

I leaned my head on her shoulder and looked at the photo. She was in the middle, her brown hair held back with a colourful butterfly clip, a slightly darker, burn like mark over the far right side of her face. Behind her were two adults. The father with dark brown hair and the mother with blond hair. I looked at her, nudging my nose against the hair that covered her face. She looked at me, slightly confused.

I tilted my head. She ran a hand over her hair. She clearly didn't want to show it. I placed a paw on the frame. "My parents" She replies. I know what they look like. I can find them. "I really miss them. Ever lost a parent" she asked, looking at me again. My ears flicked. I licked her face to which she gave a sad smile to. I stayed next to her as she began to pet my head again.