chapter 21

Yuzuru's Pov

*Recap*

I stand right in front of the door furrowing my eyebrows at the closed sign hanging at the door. I tried to look inside to search for Hannah through the glass door. A smile formed on my lips when I saw her figure sitting in front of a piano at the corner of the café.

I heard the muffled piano sound from the outside. The very familiar piece I have heard more than thousands of times.

***

I planned to go in the café silently but sadly the door happened to be locked from the inside. I don't want to disturb Hannah either so I just sat down outside in front of the doorstep. I chuckled slightly when strangers who walked by throw daggers at me. I must have look like a homeless person with me sitting on some café's doorstep on the floor along my skating luggage by my side.

Even the door is closed, I could still hear the melodies clearly. It sounded sorrowful as if someone is hurting her feelings. I leaned my head and right shoulder by the glass door and looked at the dark street that's filled with city lights which made the mood gloomier. I don't know why somehow hearing Hannah play this piece made my heart clench.

My eyes gets blurry when the piece reached the climax. Even though her back features are facing me, I could see that her body are shaking slightly from crying. I wonder if my audience could also feel what I'm trying to convey through my skating like how Hannah touches my heart when she plays the piano.

I jump slightly when my phone rang and vibrated in my grasp. I picked up the phone quickly after I looked at the lit up screen showing the name of the caller.

"moshi moshi mama"

"yuzu where are you right now? Are you still practicing?"

"no, I'm outside, why?"

"please come back right now for dinner, your dad happens to be home too"

"alright, will do"'

"bai bai~"

I stand up and patted my pants to brush off dusts that might stick on it. I looked at Hannah's back figure for the last time before dragging my luggage with me back home. Maybe being able to see and listen to her playing the piece that I'll be performing is sufficient enough as a good luck wish from her.

***

After dinner, I packed my stuff for a few weeks which mostly consist of trainers, power gels and proteins. To say I wasn't nervous for the sudden change of date of the competition is a lie, but a little nervous is needed for me to be able to feel sane and human. I glanced at the Olympic gold medal I framed in my room. It was a moment I never wanted to forget about achieving that medal last year in Sochi.

Honestly speaking, the expectation I get from everyone ever since I won the Olympic had rose up higher. I know that the people who enjoyed my figure skating, expected me to be strong. Sometimes that can create a huge pressure on me too. But then again, thanks to that pressure and expectation, I feel strongly about wanting to become stronger and push my limits to live up to that expectation.

I lay down on my bed after doing a few stretching. It was a bit sad that I was not able to bid a proper goodbye to Hannah but at the very least, I get to see her for the last time before my flight that's going to depart early in the morning tomorrow. I was actually delighted to know that she could plays the piano that well. I mostly used classical pieces for my choreography, that's why other than hard rock genres, I low-key enjoys listening to classical music a lot too.

My heart felt heavy thinking of Hannah who was shaking when she was playing the pieces. It was so vivid and heart wrenching. I actually felt guilty for leaving her alone back there. I remember leaving in a heavy step and felt sad the whole way back home. I even zoned out while I was having dinner just now.

I couldn't help but wonder if she had experienced something as sorrowful as her playing. I kind of noticed how she would flinch slightly whenever I raised my arms and there's also bruises here and there on her skin. I wonder if something is wrong. But then again, who am I to hope for her to open up to me when I'm also hiding stuffs from her.

Another Yuzuru's pov! hope you liked it :)

sorry for the late update btw :(