Chapter 1

Ok, this is my first ever time writing a story so warning this might be kinda bad. Please don't leave hate comments but I appreciate constructive criticism. Thank you so much if you read my story. All characters belong to Shannon Messenger. Enjoy :) 

"OW! Sophie yelped as Biana tugged on her hair.

"This is why they say beauty is pain." Biana laughed, "And I need you to sit still! Do you want me to mess up?!".

"No," I mumbled, "but can you maybe not tug so hard?".                        

"No promises," she said as she picked up a hairbrush, "now sit still!".

Why did I let her do this to me, I thought. They were getting ready for the Foxfire dance. Sophie told Biana that she didn't really want to go but of course she didn't listen. It starts at 7:00 but Biana, out of nowhere, appeared at Havenfield a little before 5 o'clock. When she found me laying on my bed petting Iggy she screamed "Why aren't you getting ready! The party is in two hours!". And before I knew it I was dragged to Everglen and into Biana's room. I didn't have time to protest.

After what felt like forever Biana shouted "Done!" her voice full of excitement. Biana started rapidly clapping her hands together while squealing as she jumped up and down. I stood up to go look in the mirror but Biana had already anticipated my move. She grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back into her seat. "Hey!" Sophie screamed turning to face Biana. "Sorry but you have to wait for the big reveal."

And with that, she took off running towards the closet. She came back with at least ten pairs of heels. Why, just why did I have to wear heels. Biana handed her a pair and said, " Try this pair on it goes great with your dress!". I slipped them on and tried to walk in them but nearly sprained her ankle!

"Biana don't you have any flats?" Sophie asked.

"Yes, but are you sure you can't wear the heels?"

"Biana. I can barely walk, Much less dance! I'll probably trip and fall just walking in." Sophie argued.

"Ok fine." Biana ran back into the closet and came right back out carrying a pair of what looked like glass slippers.

"These should be good." She said handing them to me.

"They are beautiful but I'm pretty sure that I'll break them as soon as I start dancing. Also, they don't look too comfortable."

"As a matter of fact, they are very comfortable," she told me, "and they are unbreakable. I mean, you do live in the Lost Cities for goodness sake."

I slipped them on and started to walk. Every step felt like walking on a cloud. But before I could say anything Biana covered my eyes and pulled me over to the mirror. When she took her hands off her eyes it was like staring at a completely different person.

I wore a no sleeve ombre dark navy dress. It had gold feathers all over it. It was just the right amount of puffy and just the right length. And luckily just short enough so I wouldn't trip

Here is the dress she wore: