Unlucky

Hinata was confused.

The last thing he remember was driving in the bus with his team. It was rainy meaning there was difficulty seeing outside of the window, but they were getting along just fine.

The next...the next thing he remembers was a blur.

He wakes up to some sort of yelling or...whatever made the noise. He had searing pain in his lower back and shoulder. He tries to get a good look around him. It was still pretty early in the day, meaning the sky was shining. It also seemed it had stopped raining. Meaning he could see everything pretty clearly.

The first thing his eyes laid on was the wreckage around them. He could tell he was still in the bus. Then he saw everyone else. Most of them awake. That's when he realized what had woken him up.

His hearing cleared up enough for him to hear what his team captain was saying.

"Ok. Is anyone hurt? Is everyone ok."

Hinata heard his entire team replying with reassuring yes's. He wanted to say he was ok. But if the extreme pain coursing through his body was anything to go by, he wasn't.

"Hinata I've heard everyone except you. Are you ok?"

He couldn't put a finger on what was wrong. He looked around once more. Until his eyes laid upon it...

The problem...

His leg was stuck under a giant piece of metal. He wasn't even sure where the metal came from. He tried moving his leg. Only he couldn't. He couldn't tell if it was the chunk of metal immobilizing it, or if the searing pain in his back had something to do with it. He really hoped it wasn't the latter.

"Um...I...I don't know...I'm stuck. I cant feel my legs. What's happening?!"

"Calm down. We got into a crash. I need you to keep talking so I can find you. There's a lot of metal on the ground so I cant see you."

That's your typical Suga. Taking charge.

"Um...I don't...I don't know where I am. Everything's blurry...and and I...I cant feel my legs...I'm scared..."

"I know. I know this is scary. Don't worry everyone else has already found themselves out of the bus. I think I found you ok...I don't want you to move. I'm gonna grab your hand so you know where I am. Ok?"

"Ya...Ya ok."

Suga grabbed Hinata's hand and at that moment they heard the sirens.

After a good ten minutes of sawing and lifting they had finally gotten the metal off of his leg.

"Alright Hinata I'm gonna need you to try to move your legs. Can you do that for me." He heard the EMT say. he nodded and attempted to move his legs.

Nothing.

He let out a painful sob and quickly searched for Suga's hand.

"I'm here don't worry I'm here."

He heard the EMT talking to the guy next to him about a possible spinal cord injury.

After the ambulance trip that seemed like years to Hinata, they arrived at the hospital. The team was told he was immediately brought into surgery for his spine.

After 6 long hours (of which the team refused to leave) they were allowed to see him.

Upon arriving they saw Hinata laying against the bed with tear tracks down his face.

"Hey...ummm.are you ok?"

"Paralyzed."

The whole team looked at him confused for a few seconds.

"What?"

"I'm paralyzed. Never will I walk again."

Hinata felt lost. His life was over.

That night the team decided to stay with him. The night was filled with tears. Hugs. And comforting. And that morning when Hinata woke up to His team sleeping around him....

He knew he'd be fine.