Surprise! (Kagehina)

(Angst to fluff)

No One really knew Hinata.

As surprising as it may seem, They knew what Hinata let them know. 

They knew the details. He lived in the mountains, had a little sister, had bad grades, and loved volleyball. If you really think about it, they really didn't know Hinata as well as they thought they did. 

It had been about two months since Kageyama and Hinata started dating. One since they came out to the team. They were supportive of course. 

It was break time when Kageyama walked up to Hinata. 

"Hey Sho...I know we were supposed to have dinner at mine this Friday but...I was wondering if maybe we could go to yours? I'd like to meet your parents since you met mine."

Hinata visibly flinched. Everyone that had seen the small gesture looked in confusion.

"Um...sorry Tobio...I don't think that will work." Hinata said shyly.

"Why not? Is there...something you aren't telling me?" 

"No! No...I just...it just wont work, ok?" 

"Fine, but we're talking more after practice."

Hinata could feel the lump stuck in his throat. He walked back onto the court with less oomph in his step than he did before. The team was all curious of what had shaken him up.

~~~

After practice, Hinata and Kageyama began their daily routine of walking home together. 

"Can you please...talk to me? How come you refuse to let me come to your house?"

"I just can't."

"Why?"

"I JUST CANT. OK?!"

Kageyama was taken aback by this. When was Hinata ever one to be short-tempered? 

Unfortunately, that one comment made things worse. What went from being a simple talk turned to a full blown yelling match on the side of the road.

"I DON'T GET WHAT'S SO SECRETIVE THAT YOU CANT TELL ME!" Kageyama yelled. Patience growing thinner by the limit.

"I JUST WANT TO MEET MY BOYFRIENDS PARENTS. WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT THAT?!"

That's when Hinata snapped.

"I DON'T HAVE ANY! OK?! I don't...have any parents...."

The yelling stopped. Kageyama looked at Hinata with a surprised face.

"What...what do you mean?"

"My mom and dad were in the military when they were younger...that's how they met. They were released and released and had me. We were...we were so close when I was younger, but when Natsu turned one...they were called back. They didn't exactly WANT to leave us. It was...it was just their duty. Since they left Natsu and I have lived with our grandma. "

This made Hinata's life all the-harder. don't get him wrong, his grandma is the sweetest lady you'll ever meet. Shes just...She doesn't have that young energy anymore. Making it hard to care for a 6 year-old AND a 15 year-old.  Meaning she had to prioritize. Taking care of the 6 year-old was the top priority in this case. Meaning Hinata was usually on his own. By the time he got home on most days, Natsu and his grandma were already in bed. He would get home, make food for himself. shower, then bed. Unlike other kids who had parents or guardians to help them with homework, Hinata had no one. Making it much harder for him to study. Meaning bad test grades...to bad overall grades.

"About...three weeks before we started at Karasuno...we got a call informing us that...that my mother had passed away.."

"Sho...how come you never told anyone?"

Kageyama was shocked. His mother had died right before he started high-school. That wound was probably still fresh to Hinata...yet...he never confided in anyone. They had never even seen him really cry. Sure he cried about little things. Or when he twisted his ankle after a bad landing a couple weeks ago, But they had never seen him really...cry. 

"My dad is still gone. He's..alive...but...he's still not there. I honestly don't even know if he's ever coming back."

Even now Kageyama could see no tears. It was almost like...he believed that if he didn't cry it wouldn't hurt as much.

"I'm tired. I'm going home. See you tomorrow Tobio."

Kageyama, still too stunned to move, just stood there as the person he loved walked away. 

~~~

It had been about two weeks since Hinata's confession. Everyone in the team had noticed the slight changes in the boy. Like the lack of yelling he did now. 

The conversation had never left Kageyama's mind. What was he supposed to do? 

They were in the middle a 2 v.s. 2 game when they heard the gym door open. Everyone assuming it was just Takeda walking in continued playing. That was until...

"Shouyou..."

A voice no one in the team recognized called out. Well no one except the sunshine boy himself.

Hinata, who was in the middle f a set stopped, dropping the ball in the process. He was facing away from the door. His body refused to turn around. Even if he couldn't see the person standing in the doorway, he knew. Even after all these years. He knew exactly who that voice belonged to.

The team continued to glance between the two. Wondering why no one was moving.

Suddenly everyone heard the sound of shoes squeaking against the gym floor.

They turned their head to the sound only to see Hinata bolting to the mysterious person in the doorway.

Within seconds the two were on the floor.

The team had never seen Hinata really cry. Not until today. As he at on the hard cold gym floor gripping onto the other male like his life depended on it.

Everyone was seriously confused until they heard the short boy sob out one word. 

"Dad..."

(I hope you Enjoyed! This was the first One shot out