Eight

"I'm proud of you." Itachi smiled when he read over Emma's work. "Still need just the slightest bit more work but I think you'll be able to pass your next test."

Emma smiles, a light blush on her cheeks as she looks down at her hands. He was proud of her and she was proud of herself. "Thank you."

She looks up at him for the first time in a while, they're eyes actually meeting one anothers for more than a few seconds. Emma could feel something there but she wasn't sure what. His eyes were so full of life, they were bright even though they were a dark colour. He showed so much emotion through his eyes and she really didnt know which one to point out.

They chat a bit as they start to finish up the lesson, Itachi was explaining something that happened when he was younger before Sasuke walked in. They had been doing most of their study sessions at Itachi's house recently and Emma honestly thought Sasuke would be less grumpy when seeing her.

That doesn't seem to be the case however. She wasn't too sure why but Sasuke and her have had tention since the first day they met.

"So you're the reason he's home so late."

Emma remembers what he had said to her. Was he upset that Itachi was spending his time with her? It's not like it was long, only two hours. Besides doesn't he have friends to hangout with? Or maybe he could just hangout with their... Parents.

Now that she thought of it she hasn't once seen them. All the times she's come and she still hasn't met them. Maybe they travel alot for business?

Emma sighed and took a glance toward Sasuke who was already looking at her but she looked away in mere seconds, avoiding awkward eye contact. She started to gather her notes and close her text book.

"Hey do you think you could, uh, stay for dinner?" Itachi scratched the back of his neck, a light blush on his cheeks, Emma's cheeks matching his like a mirror. She stared for a moment not really knowing how to reply.

"Are you..sure?" She questions her eyes flicking from Itachi to Sasuke. Itachi seemed to understand, also taking a glance at his brother who was glaring.

"If you would like to. It would be nice to have some company for a change." Itachi smiles bright. Emma hesitates, unsure if she wanted to stay in a place she clearly wasn't welcomed by someone. She was hungry and she knew her parents wouldn't be home to make her anything.

"Okay." She agrees, Sasuke clicks his tounge and walks down the hall to his bedroom, only to come back a minute later to start helping Itachi cook. Emma sat in her spot, not really knowing what to do and just started to scroll through Instagram which is what she normally does.

For a while no one really says anything, theres just music in the background coming from the TV. Itachi had switched it to a music channel before they started cooking. Emma pretended not to notice when Sasuke asked a question about her, she acted like she was focused on a video she was watching with her headphones in.

"Why did you have to invite her?" He mumbles as he went to grab the rice from the cupboard on the other side of his brother. Itachi rolls his eyes;

"To be nice."

"You're never nice."

"Shut up," Itachi flicks his head making Sasuke Yelp as he rubbed the spot. He frowned, attempting to flick him back but Itachi grabbed his wrist. "Stop it, I'm trying to cook."

"You started it! You're lucky I dont whack you with this peice of pork." Sasuke threatened as he lifted up the pork that was in his hand and pointed to it using the other. Itachi laughed almost not hearing when Emma let out a 'pfft' covering her mouth immediately.