Chapter 7

The week went by rather quickly for Betty. Working on JP's book and her constant meetings kept her busy. In some ways she was happy that it was Friday and in other ways she dreaded that it was Friday. Being with her family and visiting her friends from Riverdale was the best part. Seeing the love of your life's grave she could do without.

Betty took the day off from work, they were going to leave early. She wanted to make sure she had enough time to get ready in. Veronica should be there around 10 am to pick her up. She takes a quick shower, then she finishes packing. Caramel jumps onto her suitcase and meows.

"Oh. I wish I could take you with me." She said, The cat meows and Betty grabs her and takes her to her neighbor Mrs Davis.

"Thank you for doing this" Betty told her ash she handed Mrs Davis everything the kitty would need. She also put her carrier down right inside the apartment.

"My pleasure. She's such a sweet thing" Mrs Davis said.

She really is, Betty loves this cat like its her own child. They talk for a few more minutes before Betty heads off.

Veronica texts her saying they are here. She gathers her stuff and heads down stairs. They've already picked up Toni and Cheryl. She gathered her bags and headed outside. Elio was there waiting for her. He took her bags and put them in the trunk. Betty slides into the back seat. Cheryl has a.j. on her lap and Rosie is waiting for her. Betty sits down and Rosie comes over and gets on her lap.

"Auntie Betty. Look what I have" she said showing her a necklace off.

"That's so pretty," Betty says.

"Mommy got it for me." She said proudly.

"It's beautiful just like you, " she said as she kissed Rosie on the noise.

Rosie giggled.

They all get settled in. A.J. in the car seat. Rosie was in her booster seat, which she wasn't too happy about. She has Veronica's temper. They soon head out. It will take about 2 hours to reach Riverdale.

While on route, Betty sends jay a quick text.

Betty: I just want to let you know I'm heading to my hometown right now. I don't plan on looking at any emails this weekend so if you want to get ahold of me. Text me

Jay: okay be safe please and I will.

About two hours later, they are almost to the city limits. Betty see's the sign. Welcome to Riverdale. A town with pep. She rolled her eyes. A town that will suck your soul out was more like it.

They are dropping the kids off at Archie's folks house first before they hit the 5 seasons hotel. Betty guesses she should go next door to see if her mom is there. She hasn't really spoken to her family in years. Not since her mom and sister joined that "community" which she was pretty sure was a cult. But they seemed happy so she let them do their thing.

They arrive at the Andrews house and they are waiting outside for them.

"Grandpa" Rosie said running to Fred as soon as Betty placed her on the sidewalk.

He picked her up and hugged and kissed her. Cheryl still had A.J. and she handed him to Mary.

"Mom, dad" Archie said as he hugged them both. Veronica did the same.

"It's really good to see you Betty" Fred said " I was afraid we would never see you back here" he added as he pulled her into a hug,

Fred was like a second father to her. Especially after it came out that her own father was the Black hood.