Monday

I'm restricted.
The air around me felt thick and cold, making it seem leery.

Where am I?

The answer was left unanswered as I pull and tug at my restraints. All I could see was black, but it didn't matter how little I saw, I could still make out tight locks holding my wrists down.

I was locked in. No chance of escape as I heard footsteps slowly moving through the room.

My movements stop, and I strain my ears to listen for any noises other than the loud stomp of boots.

But it was no use.

They stopped in front, and moved to touch my face, removing the blind fold around my eyes-

"Ngh.." The darkness that once consumed me faded, and soon it was the light of my familiar dorm room that I saw. I'm home. It was a dream.

I rub at my eyes, hoping the blinding light of the morning sun would vanish. Yet again, hoping failed me and all I could do was warm up to it.

I laid there for a while, focusing and unfocusing among the wall across my bed when I noticed the weight on top of me.

It didn't take a genius to notice that it was Carter. He was knocked out cold, laying comfortably on my chest. His breathing was stable and he looked almost at peace.

I stare down at him with a feeling of dread as I flick pieces of loose hair from his eyes. He looked so innocent and fragile. I enjoyed watching his snoozing face, but I could still feel my broken heart ache from the memories.

Why was he laying here with me? Doesn't he hate me?

Wait... didn't I pass out in the dorm hall?

That's when my eyes grew into saucers, and I shift to look around my bed. Matthew's gift, where is his gift?!

"Nn.." a soft groan stills me as I remember the sleeping boy on me. I can't wake him up...

"Sorry.." I whisper back before looking at my bedside table. And there it was,
The small little grey box that held my present.

I couldn't help but sigh in great relief. It's okay...

I laugh softly among myself, wrapping my arm around Carter to run my hand through his hair. It's so soft. I wanted to be engulfed is his scent forever if I could, but I knew deep down that wouldn't happen. I'll leave him once I graduate, and he'll leave me... most likely as soon as he wakes up.

I blink back any tears trying to force their way to the surface as I continue twisting my fingers in his small curls of blonde hair.

Oh Carter...

I love you.

"L-Liam...?" I tense up once I feel Carter's body move. He's awake— and we are in a very awkward position...

He sits up, causing my arm to fall limp by our sides.

And here we are, laying in my bed, him over me as our eyes met.