Introduction

This is the only song I'll be posting on this story, I promise. I just couldn't resist. It's so cute ^v^

America stared with wide eyes at all the colorful blurs around him. Countries were hurrying around and buying items from every booth.

Russia stared down at the the intrigued country. "Have you never been to an outdoor market before?" America shook his head and glanced at Russia, "Mother and Father were always very protective, and never let me go outside often."

A mischievous look appeared in Russia's eyes and he flashed a smile at America. "Well, let's have some fun then, ai?"

America swelled up with excitement and hugged Russia tightly. "This'll be so cool!"
.
.
.
Everytime America would notice a booth with something different from the last, his face would light up with interest and he'd drag Russia along with him.

But Russia didn't mind much. He was just happy he could hang out with America. It wouldn't be long until nightfall, the time Russia left the house to work.

He knew America didn't like him leaving the house at midnight but he couldn't tell America why. Those were secrets he had to keep to himself. For America's sake.

"Oh, hey, Russia! Come over here." Russia turned towards America and walked over to the thrilled bundle of joy. "What is it, Ame?"

America face looked red with over excitement. He pointed to a wooden booth and almost screeched. "They have tiny, cute puppy doggies!"

Russia stared past America and over at the small booth. There were a line of tiny cages on the top part, each with their own puppy inside. All of them looked terrified as countries walked past and even as some stopped to look.

With a face hard to say no to, America stared up at Russia. "Can we have one? Pleeease."

The expression America held was now too much for Russia to handle. He bent down and caressed America's cheek with his hand. "Of course. Anything for you." He spoke softly as he kissed the cheek he'd touched.

As both America and Russia held hands and walked towards the puppies, America was silent the whole time.

Russia felt nervous. "Did I say something wrong?" He thought to himself.

But as he gave America a sideways look, he realized America was blushing furiously. Russia breathed out in relief and tightened his grip on America's hand. "Aww, you don't have to be embarrassed."

America looked up to Russia with a face full of red. "I-I'm not embarrassed!"

"Mhm," Russia mumbled to tease America.

Finally, they reached the booth with the dogs and America seemed to already be back to his hyper self. He ran across the line of cages and squealed everytime he saw another puppy.

After a few minutes of deciding, America stopped. He reached his fingers through the thin cage bars and giggled. Russia leaned closer to see why and saw a puppy licking America's finger tips.

The puppy was entirely brown with a tiny white patch on it's toe. The puppy's eyes were the same color as it's fur, and it had floppy ears almost bigger than its entire head.

Russia crossed his arms in amusement. "You like that one?" America kept his eyes locked on the puppy and replied back to Russia. "Yeah..."

Russia took that as his cue to pay. So he went up to the country in front. She was decently dressed for someone working with animals in the market. Russia noticed the girl's name tag on her breast. Poland.

The girl country waisted no time chatting. "Seems like your friend over there's having a jolly time."

"Yeah. He likes small animals, I guess."

"Are you guys buying, or just here to look?" Poland asked Russia. Russia nodded his head and pointed towards America and the puppy. "We're buying."

Poland observed the puppy closer and recognized the dog. "You're buying Toad, huh?" Russia looked at Poland, confused. "Toad?"

Poland shrugged her shoulders. "He's a jumper."

Quickly after that, Poland got down to business and pulled out a few slips of paper.

She scanned through a few words and then began speaking to Russia. "You'll have to sign a few papers to insure the dog's safety. Don't worry though, they're just pups from the street that I've had all neutured."

Poland held out a pen. "Additional food costs extra."