five

the twins were sleeping at the benches, their head on jungkook's lap sitting inbetween them when jin came out of the surgery room.

he looked at jungkook. no words were exchanged but he knows what jin was asking. he didn't have to ask.

with a heavy aching heart and tears on his eyes he whispers enough for the doctor to hear.

"my daughter... please save our daughter..."

jungkook didn't know what he was feeling as he saw jin emerging from the surgery room.

jin breaks down on the floor softly murmuring a series of "i'm sorry..." as he cries, namjoon, his husband immediately wrapping his arms around him.

his cousin jiwoo, almost fainting if not for his brother, hoseok holding her and lead her to sit on the bench as they both cried.

taehyung's best friend, jimin, stumbling backward as yoongi catches him and cries in his embrace.

the twins were confused with the situation but their heart ached as they saw jungkook slump against the wall, head burried in between his legs.

tears streamed down their faces as they walked over to their daddy and engulfed him in a tight hug.

they grieved and cried, hearts aching as they lost someone precious they hold dearly in their hearts.

jungkook stares at his daughter through the glass wall, the little baby girl sleeping peacefully.

he sat down on the bench, face burried in the palm of his hands. their daughter is safe. taehyung would be happy but why was his heart aching and broken.

jungkook wanted to scream. he felt anger towards himself. he couldn't protect him, he couldn't save him. he lost his love, his taehyung. his little baby girl and twins lost a mother because of him.

a lot of what ifs was running through his mind but all of it were useless thinking as taehyung is now gone and there's nothing he can do to bring him back.

jungkook blinks when he felt little arms wrapping around his waist. he saw the twins looking up at him, eyes watery and confused but bravely holding back their tears.

he still hasn't explain the whole situation but he feels that jonghyun seemed to have grasp of what had happened.

"i miss mummy..." jonghyun softly says, voice small.

"c-can't we see mummy?" jaehyun says, a tear escaping his still red, puffy eyes.

he looks at them with a sad smile before he wrapped his arms around the twins. his babies. their babies taehyung asked him to protect.

he'll take care of them and keep them safe. he'll make sure to remind and show them how much their mummy loves them and that he'll be watching over them.

he'll give them all his love and ensure their happiness. he'll fulfill his promise until he sees his love again.

'i'll see you again, my love'

*
*
*

end.
thank you for reading
"SEE YOU AGAIN"
💜