Chapter 4 - Louis and Hannah 2.0

Hi guys! Thank you for all the enormous support!

I got a message from my friend saying I got the times and dates and whatever got thrown off, and I reread it and realized that she was right. I had Louis and Niall arriving on March 1st and Liam arriving in the summer. Honestly, I was like... -_- WHAT HAVE I DONE. So I fixed it and I'd like to clarify; they're supposed to all arrive on March 1st, they have the week off and none of them have tried out for X-Factor yet. However, if other dates/ages are thrown off, either shoot me a private message or ignore it because I'm getting everything off the top of my head. It gets confusing because since One Direction didn't get as popular until later in their careers, some info online gets off. And also, most people have a tough time knowing their earlier life before the X-Factor. If any info is incorrect, sorry!

--

Louis was not prepared to see Hannah, no matter how many times he tried practicing in the mirror. He was painfully aware of the fact that he missed Eleanor.

Eleanor. Admittedly, she was hot, but there was more to her; she was funny, and confident and... Just Eleanor, his right arm.

While Hannah was a memory to him, one that blurred if he thought about it too hard.

He stepped outside and spotted her right away, wandering near the flowerbeds. Her blonde halo framed her sweet face and a knife went through Louis's heart. Despite all that had happened between them, he was always going to miss Hannah just a little bit. Seeing her again made his heart run cold.

"Lou," she said warmly. "You ready to go?"

"To school?"

"No, silly. We've the week off." Hannah grinned, flashing him her white teeth."You promised you'd take me to Alison's party!"

Louis scratched his head. "I... Did?"

Hannah frowned playfully. "Stick to your promises, Louis..." She pulled at his shirt and planted a small kiss on his lips.

He froze, as her warm lips pressed against his. They were so familiar, yet different and he had a moment where he tried to kiss her back. He pulled away first. It felt wrong. He knew that. He tried to ignore the hurt written plainly in her eyes. "Hannah," he said roughly after a long pause. "I'm sorry."

She waved it off. "I get it. It's okay. I just... missed you. You left early yesterday and I couldn't find you to tell you goodnight... But I get it if PDA isn't really your thing."

Louis tried to protest, but decided to forget it. "Yeah, that's it," he said unconvinced.

She beamed. "The place is right around the corner. Let's walk." She grabbed his hand and leaned toward him. He squirmed uncomfortably. "And then there's a bakery Alison was just gushing about. It's a little far but she said her friend would drive us there after the party. If you're up for it, that is."

"All right." He forced a smile. "Sounds fun."

"Damn right," Hannah laughed. "This party's going to be a blast."

Every step they walked, Louis couldn't help but stare in amazement. It'd been a long while since he'd been back. He didn't even recognize some stores that had closed years ago.

And then he would look at the beautiful girl next to him. Any guy would be lucky to have her, he knew, but it sure as hell didn't make him feel any better.

As they approached the house, Hannah's friend, Alison, was waiting for them on the porch, cup in hand, while music played loudly from inside the house. "Hannah!" She squealed, throwing her arms to her side, as if welcoming Hannah into her arms. "You made it!" She glanced at Louis. "With Louis."

Louis gave her a tight smile. He'd never known Alison that well. She was notorious for throwing parties though. "Sure," he managed.

They entered the house cautiously, watching the blur of unfamiliar faces surrounding them. A bar was set up in the corner and a guy in his late-twenties was sitting there, looking bored as teenagers rushed up to him, shoving fake ID's into his face, demanding drinks. Louis remembered being that guy once, the guy who went up to the bartender asking for a cold beer. He'd asked for it so confidently, but he was shaking in his pants. He'd been sixteen, drinking for the first time. And he'd been at one of Alison's parties.

Hannah looped her arm around his. "You dance, silly?"

"Um," Louis recoiled. "I'm going to get drinks."

He strided over to the bar, and the bartender stared at him warily, before shoving a beer and a fistful of condoms at him. "Have fun and stay safe, kid."

Louis cringed. After that night at the club, he didn't think it was a good idea to start drinking for a while. "You've got tea?"

The guy turned around. "You say, tea?"

"You should." Louis rambled. "Yorkshire tea's the best, did you know?" He smiled awkwardly. "I have it every morning, sometimes with my bandmates."

"You're in a band?" The bartender raised a brow, in grudging admiration. "Me too, a long time ago."

"How'd you guys break up?" Louis asked curiously.

"My girlfriend and I broke up. We were the lead singers." The bartender admitted. "You? Are you the lead singer? Can you sing, lad?"

Louis shrugged. "A bit. But we all sing, so there's no lead singer in our group."

"Ah," There was an awkward silence. The bartender grinned. "Here's a packet of tea. It's on me. I haven't any hot water on me, or cups, but you can ask that host party girl. She's around here somewhere."

Louis nodded. "Thanks, man." He turned back to the party, scanning the room for Alison. There was no sign of her anywhere; the dance floor was filled with unfamiliar faces.

"Louis!" Hannah's voice rang out by the door, above the pounding music. "We're headed to the bakery now!"

He made his way over, brushing past the dancing figures in the dimly lighted room. "Already?"

Hannah shrugged. "Alison's friend got here early, I guess." She grabbed his arm and dragged him outside. He immediately spotted two girls leaning against a van.

One of the girls danced over toward them and Louis recognized her as Alison. "You lovebirds ready to go?" She teased.

"My friend from the bakery's bound to have arrived by now. I want you guys to meet him." The other girl spoke up by the van and instinctively, Louis froze.

It couldn't be.

But there Eleanor was in all of her glory, and Louis gulped. He felt sick, being there with Hannah and Eleanor all at once. He couldn't tear his eyes away from Eleanor. Everything about her that made her her: her face, her eyes, her lips, her body.

"Eleanor?" He asked weakly.

He felt Hannah looking at him accusingly and Eleanor fixing her questioning gaze on him. "How did you know my name?" Eleanor wondered out loud.

He tried to shrug it off nonchalantly. "Alison might have mentioned you at some point."

She accepted his answer. "Let's go, shall we?"

Louis couldn't move for a second. He had a foreboding feeling that something was bound to go very, very wrong, but Hannah was already suspecting something between him and Eleanor, he could tell. He swore under his breath.

What a small world.

And with that, he stepped into the van.

A/N

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! My first quarter for school just ended and I was stressing about grades and stuff. And I've had a new guy on my radar so I've been writing songs about him and stuff too. I know some of my readers have contacted me, wondering when I was going to update, so TA-DA! Voila. I really hope you guys are curious about what's going to happen to Louis. Can anyone guess who Eleanor's friend from the bakery is?

Are you dying from the suspense yet?

xxx Michelle