8

"I-I w-won that..." I said crazy out of breath after racing Jordan across the football field. It was like 5:30 and we came together to hang out just me and him.

"No I totally won that!" He snapped back and then saw how I could barely stand. He picked me up over shoulder and started waking.

"Where are we going?" I asked and he went to the middle of the field. He set me down and then laid on the grass. I moved closer to him and rested my head on his chest looking up at the starts.

"You know u remind me of the starts." He said and I playing with his fingers.

"Why?" I asked and kept fiddling with his fingers.

"Because you light up my world." He said and I laughed at him.

"Cute, but cheesee." I said and he laughed. We decided it was getting late so we went into his car and he drove me to my house.

"Bye I'll see you tomorrow." I said the then gave him a kiss.

"Bye." He kissed me back then I went into the house. I changed into pjs fast then fell asleep real quick.

———————————————————————————
"Hey where's Jordan?" I asked walking up to Spencer.

"Uhm last time I saw him he was on the football field." He said and I nodded and thanked him. I walked to the field and saw him at the bleeders he was with this older man. I walked up to them and he put his hand out when he saw me.

"Grandpa Willie this is my girlfriend Jenniliz." He said and I smiled and put my hand out for him to shake. He looked at it in disgust then I took it back.

"Anyways, so what I was saying Jordan is you need to work on that left foot." He started talking and I felt a little uncomfortable.

"Uhm I'm gonna go." I said to Jordan and walked away.

"Why did you do the same thing your father did?" I herd his Grandpa said and slowly walked so I could hear. Then I stood behind the bleachers and listened.

"What?" Jordan said and his grandpa sighed.

"Went for a white girl." He said and my heart broke. "They are no good for men like us, we need to keep the black community going and not mix it." He said and I have enough and came back around.

"Look I don't know who the hell you think you are but there is nothing wrong with white girls. And your son choose a strong independent women and had someone like Jordan and Olivia. Two amazing people. When I look at Jordan I don't see skin color, I just see the amazing man he is. So if you wanna discriminate against my skin color then you could do that somewhere else but not my school. Also for your information my mother is white and my father Puerto Rican, so if you wanna talk about my skin and family get it correct first." I said he walked away not saying anything to Jordan.

"Dam girl u went off." Jordan said trying to be funny but I just wasn't in the mood. "I'm sorry." He said then kissed my lips and I kissed back. He held my hand and we walked to class.

———————————————————————————

After school today I told Liv I was gonna hang out with her today since we haven't in awhile. I pulled up out front then she let me in. We were sitting at the table and laughing about what we were just talking about.

"Hey ladies what so funny?" Laura said walking down getting waters for us out of the fridge.

"Oh we were just talking about the time we had a sleepover when we were about 7 and decided it would be a good idea to watch a scary movie at 12:30 at night." Olivia said and I laughed again.

"I had to go home because I got so scared I pooped myself." I laughed even harder.

"I remember those good times. Hey Jenniliz how are you and Jordan doing?" His mom asked me and I remembered what happened this morning.

"Well I met his Grandpa Willie today. Had to give him a piece of my mind because he started to tell Jordan about why he should be with me, the same reason he thinks Coach Baker shouldn't have married in his option." I said and she knew exactly what I was talking about.

"Really? I can't believe that man, that's why I never talk to him." She said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Other than that we're good." I said and she smiled again.

"That's grate, I can't wait till he proposes to you and you have my grand babies." She said and I put my head down blushing.

"Oh I'm so sorry but Layla need me at her house." Liv said and I put my hand on her arm and she said it was fine.