Chapter 1

I wasn't sure that running off to Transylvania was the best plan that I've ever come up with, but for now it was going to have work. I had contacted an old friend that I hoped was still as trustworthy as he once was. Samuel Ernest has been a vamp far much longer than I have. He was changed during the mid evil times. His wife and mate Nellie became a vamp not much longer after he. Their love story was an epic one to say the least, I pondered as I stared out of my private jet window. But that's a story for another time.

I glanced over at Scarlette, who was still unconscious. Between using too much magic at one time and the stress she was under, she needed as much rest as she could get. The poor girl has been through so much and all at once. It was truly a wonder that her sanity remained intact.

I turned my head and looked back out of my window and could see Samuel's castle as we began to descend. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. He bought the old Dracula castle due to the irony of it. I wouldn't ever admit this to him in person, but it suited him.

I couldn't wait to lay down and rest my mind and body for awhile

I couldn't wait to lay down and rest my mind and body for awhile. Ever since Scarlette came into our lives, things have been nonstop intense, not to mention insane. I felt bad for her though, none of this was her fault. She didn't ask for any of this.

I sighed and waited for the jet to land so we could get settled into our guest rooms. I wasn't looking forward to explaining everything to her when she woke up, but hopefully Nellie can help me ease her into the vamp life.

I carried Scarlette off of the jet and up the steps to the front door of the castle. It opened as we approached and I was greeted by Samuel and Nellie. "Jareth, good day to you old friend!" Samuel smiled as he stepped aside to allow me to carry Scarlette inside. "Where can I lay her down?" I asked Nellie as she took a peek at Scarlette.

"She's a beaut!" Nellie told me with a smile. "Follow me this way." She told me as she started walking towards a corridor. I nodded at Samuel out of respect, "I will back in a moment". I told him and he smiled in understanding.

I followed Nellie into a beautiful room that boasted a sleigh king sized bed. I lay Scarlette down and pulled the comforter over her and silently prayed that she wouldn't wake up before I returned. If she woke up alone, she was sure to become hysterical.

I quietly closed her bedroom door behind me and found Nellie waiting for me in the corridor. "Samuel told me everything Jareth, I can't imagine what that poor girl has gone through. If I can help her in any way, let me know." She told me with a sad smile. "Thank you Nellie, I will need all of the help that I can get at this point." I told her honestly.

We walked together with her arm linked with mine as we caught up on other topics and events. I laughed as she told me a story of Samuel actually trying to catch a wild bat for a pet. Nellie held her stomach as she laughed. "It bit his nose and he screamed and screamed. It just held on for dear life!' She explained in between laughs.

Samuel heard us laughing as we approached and raised an eyebrow at us

Samuel heard us laughing as we approached and raised an eyebrow at us. "I'm afraid to ask what story she has shared with you." He said with a smile. "A pet bat Samuel? Really?" I asked him with a chuckle as I hugged him. He chuckled in return and shook his head. "Come, let's discuss your situation over a drink shall we?" Samuel said as he turned to walk away.

I hesitated for a moment, looking back down the corridor towards Scarlette's room. "I'll go sit with her, don't you worry." Nellie reassured me as she noticed the concern on my face. I nodded my head and resumed following Samuel to his lounge.