Time Reversal 12

That light had a mesmerizing colour. We walked up to the wall, ever so slowly, we didn't want trigger any sort of trap, like what you see in the movies. Since nothing happened, I tried preforming those............weird hand movements mom did. 

I pressed my right palm on the wall, and my left palm upside down, diagonally opposite my right palm. I moved my left palm up in a semi circle, while simultaneously, moving my right palm down in the same semi circle, drawing a complete shape.

As expected, the small rectangular wall next to me came down, exposing this time, a circular room, and the orb was within sight, right opposite me. All I needed to do was walk straight ahead, grab, and go. At least that's what I thought. Someone or..............something, like a spiritual being blocked the path.

"I, am Mother Time. State your name and business with such a sacred place"

She shone blue. Her skin blue, her aura blue, her hair blue. Even though she had a face, her eyes weren't open and her mouth didn't move when she spoke so eloquently and graciously in what seemed to be a British accent. We felt honored to be in the presence of such a being, but also frightened. If she was Mother time, she could erase us with the snap of her finger.

"Good.....good afternoon. My name is Alice and I am here to collect the chrono orb for the sole purpose of saving planet earth from destruction, you see tomorrow-"

"I am well aware of what will become of planet Earth tomorrow at 3:25pm"

"Well, great! May I, Um......have the orb?"

"No......................................not yet. Unless you can complete my two tasks I have in stored for any passers" 

"I see. We will humble accept your challenges"

"Very well then. Your first task is the answering, of a riddle"

"A.......riddle?"

"Correct. I assume you have knowledge on what a riddle is?"

"Yes yes......I was just.........surprised it was a riddle. I thought you would have made do something difficult like climb a mountain or, do a race" 

"Sometimes difficult tasks do not have to be that of physical. The simple action of thinking can leave one dubious of his or her plans"

"So, what is the riddle?"

She stepped aside, letting us stare at the orb. A transparent silver coat appeared in the doorway. It blurred the view of the amethyst rock . Roman Numerals wove into existence. They were twelve numbers, from one to twelve, floating around hither and thither on the silver transparent coat.

"There are twelve roman numerals here. I will tell you the riddle, and you have only one chance to choice the correct number. If you choose incorrectly, I will eradicate your bodies, and erase your existence from the mind of those who knew you. I cannot have you surviving with the information of the chrono orb"

"Um........yes ma'am"

"Very well then.....................here is your riddle. I am of the night, yet I will be day, you remember my time in many different ways. I am the leader and I sit way behind in time, but yet at the sun's peak in the sky, I am in front, for the throne is mine. One minute to my birthday! One minute to New Year's, you look at me to celebrate different holidays. Who of father time, do I represent? You may consult your friends on this if you'd like"

I turned around to look at them, and like most riddles, you'd never have a clue what it talks about until you think deeply. 

"Ok. Let's put our brains together" Lily made a huddle with all of us.

"Well, I think we should pick out the important things mentioned in that riddle" Dawn was right. Then came Spencer with something equally good.

"The important things to me are; I am of night, yet I will be day...One minute to my birthday, one minute to New year's...."

"Judging from the numbers on the transparent coat, it has to be a number of time" I heard Tristen's observation and he has to be right too.

I felt we were taking too long to get this, so I tried not to be insensitive and tell her.

"Um....sorry we are taking so long"

"I am Mother Time, patience is my middle name"

"Are you being serious or............just using to express that you are patient"

"The expression" 

"Guys I got it!" Lily's outburst shocked me. She whispered her thoughts to us and it all made sense. That had to be the answer, no argument there. I faced her and was ready to give our final answer, that could either save us, or kill us.

"We have the answer...........................the time that represents your descriptions is twelve" I touch the roman numeral twelve. It glowed white as the others stopped floating.

"The time of day, twelve, can be night by appearance, but it is actually morning. We use that meridian hour to do anything in our daily life, eat, drink our medicines, exercise, take a bath and much more. Twelve is used as a representation of the next day, whether it be a normal day, someone's birthday, New Year's, or any holiday. Twelve is the leader of all the other numbers for that is, the highest time of the day, the sun is at its peak in the sky at twelve. Such a number can represent so many things"

"I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Well done"

We high fived each other, it was a happy moment, but not the second task.

"Time for your second task"

"We are ready"

"I see.......................................then all of you, tell the truth to each other"

"What? What do you mean........................tell the truth?"

"You all are hiding something from one another. You have something you just couldn't tell the other.....................well now it the time. Your second task, is to tell the truth"

"I'm sorry Mother Time, but we don't have anything to hide"

"That is a lie. Humans never tell one another everything. There is always something you never say. They never speak their minds. Fear can always creep in when facing or telling the truth. Whether it be about you feelings towards someone, your sexual orientation to your family, or even just random strangers, in situations where you don't want to speak to them, but you don't say it, you don't tell the truth because as you humans would put it, the truth hurts. Time, is connected to all things. Time is connected to the truth. With time the truth will come out. Time is connected to lies. With time, the lie will be exposed. Time is money, time waits for no man, lost time is never found again, all that belongs to us is time, he who has nothing else has that. Do you see? Time is connected to everything. Time, is all"

"I..............................I understand"

"Good, I shall pick who tells the truth, one, after the other..............Lily, you're first"