Survivors

// Mia Collins //

I hung up the phone. I had just talked to my friend Tristan. He told me to bring stuff. Just stuff. I won't bother listing them all down for you.

I had just seen my own mother and father being dragged away by a bunch of zombie-ish people. Turns out, the same thing happened to Tristan and some more of my friends. That's why Tristan called, telling me to bring a bunch of stuff for our safety and survival.

I grabbed a blue duffel bag and stuffed in clothes, 2 large water bottles, 2 large bags of Doritos (I'm that awesome), a flashlight, extra batteries, a power bank, medicine, gadgets and chargers, and my earphones, for some reason.

Then I grabbed my backpack and stuffed in the important stuff, a sleeping bag, my mom's two pistols, the mop handles stuck out of the zippers, and I also put this lame-ass sword. That sword is special to me even tho it's not even really intended for fighting (sort of). It was a gift from my grandpa because he was awesome like me. He said it's just for display even if it had a real blade.

So I was all set. I tried to call my friend, Lily, to get her to pick me up.

"Lily, pick me up please?" I said into the phone.

"Beat ya to it. I'm already outside." Lily said and hung up.

I ran outside and yep, there she was. I sat in the back and questioned her.

"What the hell is happening?" I asked. Surprisingly, I was calm. I knew some kind of zombie apocalypse would happen sooner or later. I probably knew just what to do.

I've seen the The Walking Dead, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and I have an obsession with The Last of Us. So yeah...

I could also see her two brothers were here. Their eyebrows furrowed, obviously wondering what's happening.

"I don't know either." Lily said while driving down the road to our school. I immediately knew who we were picking up. Dianna. She lived somewhere near here.

We arrived and Dianna was just standing there, in fear. I opened the door for her and almost literally jumped inside after throwing in her bags.

"We've got to go to Tristan's next." I said.

And that's where we headed. When we arrived, Tristan was there with his bags in hand and so was Yvainne.

Ugh. Yvainne is Tristan's 'First Love'. He's loved him since Kindergarten. But I only met Yvainne when we were in 7th Grade. And Yvainne doesn't even like him back that way. They're just friends. Which is kinda sad. I've been in the friendzone and it sucks to be in there.

We're in 10th Grade now. So that means we're around 14-16. Me, Tristan, and Yvainne are 15. Dianna is 16. And Lily is 14.

Where were we...oh yeah! Tristan and Yvainne sat beside each other at the very back of Lily's van, being squashed by our bags.

"Um, guys. Could you drive me back to my house?" I said.

"What? Why?" She asked.

"I'm going to get my mom's car. We have to rescue some other friends and all of us won't fit here." I explained.

"Drive me back too." Dianna joined in.

"We should all meet up at one spot." Tristan suggested while rubbing Yvainne's back. She looked real terrified. But to be honest, I didn't really care that much. I barely knew her.

"The highway?" Lily said.

"Yeah." Dianna said and just in time, we arrived her house. "Call me." She said before getting out of the car.