Chapter 5: Enemy

No... Why is he here? What does he want? Why now of all times? What's worse is that he's not even alone, he has our alternate selves involved. Whatever he wants it's not gonna be good, my effort of keeping him at bay was all for nothing. I just hope he keeps them out of it.

Error Pov~

Everything happened so fast how can I process this all? First that earthquake, then this. Ive only heard of him once from Nightmare, but that was because he wanted to warn us of his intentions. And even if I ask for my own knowledge Nightmare would only burst out yelling. Now that I can see, Nightmare isn't the only one whose guard is up, Dream jumped in front of me immediately pulling out his bow.

Error: "Dream... who is that?"

I asked dream playing dumb thinking I can get something out, but before Dream can respond he spoke.

???:"well~ isn't this interesting? I managed to scare the living hell out off you Nightmare. But then again when do I never?"

Nightmare: "...Why are you here shattered?"

Shattered: "Isn't it obvious Brother, I'm just like you. You know."

Nightmare:"... I don't understand you sometimes, when we made that deal you shook on it you wouldn't bother me or anyone anymore, you're only breaking your promise! "

Shattered: "Yeah, well promises are meant to be broken. But it's not that I want."

Shattered locks eyes on Dream, this is so frustrating, we can fight him now why-

(Shattered: "Error was it?")

Timed stopped? What is this feeling?

(Shattered: "Fear.")

Leave.

(Shattered: "I think I'll stay, Error tell me why you choose to pacify yourself, you saw how Ink treated you. You deserve more.")

I hated it, I just wanted to help.

(Shattered: "And you can. Come join me, Ill show you the respect you deserve. Have him pay for treating you like that.")

...no...

Error: "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

Dream: "Error?"

_______________________________________________________________________________

Dream POV

Dream: "Error?"

What's wrong? ....shattered is in there. My magic isn't even to surpass his. But I have to try. Nightmare. Help me. I wrap my arm around Error, throwing as much positive arua onto him. shielding him from Shattered Negative magic. 

Dream: "Why are you here!?"

Shattered: " AH! Dream! oh how exciting this is! actually...Im here for something you have."

Dream: "...You can't have it."

Nightmare: " Why the hell would you want that of all things?"

Shattered: "Oh I wasn't asking, and simply...Its none of your fucking business. Hand it over, don't wanna get things dirty."

Dream: "Make. me."

Shattered: "...Fine."

Shattered swang his arm in the direction of where Nightmare and Blue were at dragging them down into something and then reaching down to bring them back to where he was at. Squeezing them, I heard at least a couple of ribs break.

Dust: " BLUE!"

Before Dust could run for him, I watched one of Shattereds men teleport to Dust slamming him to the ground. I know where this is going.

Shattered: "Well? Wanna hand it over now?"

Nightmare: "DREAM DONT LISTEN, I GOT IT!"

Nightmare slips through Shattered grasp freeing himself and Blue Together. And just like Ink, he drowns himself under his goop traveling who knows where before reappearing further away from Shattereds range. Doing so, this causes everyone else to take a step back further away from Shattered as they just figured out his weakness. Other than Cross who is holding his alternate version of himself in place to keep Dust from dying.   

Dream: "Release Dust! He plays no part in this!"

Shattered: "Hand me what I want and Ill obey!"

The tension is thickening! This is making things harder for me to think. Help me... Shattered smiles. He snaps his fingers under a second the alternate version of Cross is right back next to him. 

Shattered: "Enjoy it while you can Dream, But when I return... I want it placed in the palm of my hand."

And just like that he was gone.