Part 5

Erin POV:

Sun streamed through the windows the next morning and I could feel Jay inhaling and exhaling lightly from where he was positioned behind me. I relaxed in his arms as thoughts of last night spun around in my head. My cheeks flushed at the thought of Jay on top of me but my thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing.

I leaned over to grab my phone that was sitting on the bedside table and turned it over to see who was calling. Voight's name was displayed on my phone and I slipped out of bed as quickly as possible and took my phone out to the balcony so I wouldn't disturb Jay sleeping.

"This is Lindsey" I said as I looked out at the beautiful ocean view.

"Hey we all just landed. We've got plans to meet at the Florida Police Department in an hour to talk over our plans with them. Go get Jay up and meet us there." He said.

"Okay. See you soon."  I said before hanging up and sighing. I jumped slightly when I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"Did I scare you?" I heard Jay say in a husky morning voice. It was probably the sexiest thing he had ever said to me and it was all because of that voice.

"N.. no" I stuttered. Why was it always so difficult to form an actual sentence when he was this close to me. I turned in his arms so I was facing him.

"Voight wants us to meet him at the police department in an hour." I looked up at him as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"We should get going then. I'll start the shower." He said while winking at me. I laughed as my cheeks flushed a light pink color.

"I think it will take less time if we shower separately" I said and slipped out of his arms.

"I'll make breakfast while you shower." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

~~~~
Erin POV:

An hour later they were heading to the police station to meet up with the rest of the unit. It was a beautiful sunny day out and I wanted nothing more than to be on a beach rather than sitting in the dimly lit police station.

Once everyone was settled into place, Voight let me present our information to the small group that had gathered.

"We've set up a meet time with Chris. Our objective is to catch him this time. He should have the product with him since this is where he gets his supply. Our plan is to not only bust him but also his supplier. Figure we can kill two birds with one stone." I said as I watched the group in front of me nodding every so often to agree.

"Our meet up is planned for this evening at 4. He sent us a message with the address and it looks to be an old abandoned warehouse." Jay said.

"You have full permission to make arrests and do what you need to do." A well groomed man said as he walked into the room. He was in uniform and I recognized him instantly. He was the Chief of Police for this district.

"Thank you sir. We hope to get these guys off the street as quickly as possible." Hank said while he gave a slight nod. "Let's get to work."

"Lindsey, Halstead, you guys better get out of here and get ready. The rest of the team is gonna stay and talk with these guys about surveillance around the warehouse." Antonio said as he walked them to the door.

"Thanks man." Jay said as he shook his hand and walked out of the police station.

~~~~~
Jay POV:

A few hours later, I had finished getting ready and walked to Erins room to get her. I knocked on the door only once before she opened it.

"Let's go" she said as she walked out of her room and past me. She smelled amazing because of the perfume she spritzed on before leaving. She was dressed in a comfortable looking pantsuit and I stood in awe wondering how she could look good in anything. Erin was halfway down the hall before I was finally able to move my feet.

"Wait up" I said as a jogged down the hallway in my casual suit. It's crazy to think a week ago we were in Chicago. This whole undercover operation had to be the most life changing of them all and after last night I knew that I wanted nothing more than to be with Erin. Of course there hadn't been time to talk about it and now wasn't a great time either but still my thoughts weighed on me heavily on the ride to the warehouse.

We pulled up and exited the car when we saw Chris leaning against his car waiting for us.

"Hey" he said as he nodded and shook my hand while keeping an eye on Erin who stood next to me. "Shall we" he said as he motioned for us to walk in.

I nodded and walked inside the warehouse with Erin. When my eyes adjusted from the brightness outside, I saw the warehouse was filled with old cars. In the middle of the room were a few more men waiting for us as we walked up.

The exchange started but came to a halt when Erin went to grab the product from Chris.

"Wait.." one of the bigger men next to Chris said. All the while Erin paused and looked at me.

"Come on, what's the problem. We've got thing to do today. Let's hurry this up." I said wanting to get this over with as soon as possible.

"This just feel off.." the man said looking at Chris.

"Are we gonna do this or not? Don't waste our time." Erin said. One of the police officers outside of the warehouse passed a window without ducking enough so one of the men were able to see him.

"Their cops!" He yelled and immediately shots started to fire in their direction.

Both Erin and I pulled out guns immediately and started to shoot. We got behind a couple of the cars for cover. Most of the men were backing out of the room at this point so I called out to Voight to let them know.  But I'm more than positive at the sound of gunshots he was already starting to move in. Erin was already crossing the room to follow after them as they were heading for the door.  As she rounded the corner, one of the guys was waiting and caught her off guard. I could see them fighting. He was one of the bigger men and he had her pinned to the ground. I couldn't get a good shot from where I was with both of them moving so much and I was not willing to put Erin in danger if I missed. All of a sudden I heard a gunshot and my heartbeat picked up.

"Erin!" I yelled.