Part Four: a Vision Implemented

"So you're just gonna leave us here and go? What will happen to us?" Liam pouted, looking at  Lucas with puppy eyes. The group was sitting in the park today and they were discussing what they will do when they leave the orphanage.

 Lucas and Isaac were 17 now, Malia was 16, and Selena was 15 years old. By the system of the orphanage, the kids can leave the place when they turn 16. The kids who leave will be provided with a discharge grant that allows them to start a new life. Lucas and Isaac were the first to turn 16, but they decided to wait until they turn 18 to leave so they can be able to take Selena and Malia with them, but unfortunately, by that time, Liam and Mason will still be 15 so they can't join them, which worried the two youngest members of the group.

"We're not leaving you, I said we will go first to get everything ready, and when you and Mason turn 16 you can leave the orphanage and come with us. We will keep in touch with you guys, don't worry." Lucas comforted the 14 years old kids.

"Yeah, we will see." Mason rolled his eyes, "the moment you leave this place you'll forget us, you'll forget everything."

"That will never happen! Remember: nothing will be forgotten, and no one will be left behind," Isaac said in a loud voice.

"Yeah,'the vision'," Selena mocked in a man's voice, causing Malia to chuckle.

"Yes, the vision! And please, don't mock the vision!" Lucas threatened, pointing at Selena and Malia. 

"We're not mocking 'the vision'," Malia defended, "we're just mocking the way you two guys talk about it." 

"Okay, maybe you're making fun now, but without the vision you two little girls won't have a chance to survive the outside world. We will be the ones protecting your asses when we leave the orphanage," Isaac walked to Malia, "and we'll be the ones responsible for you two kids," he said, looking directly at her eyes.

"I remember that my parents died, not only once but twice," Malia said, raising her eyebrows"how come I get a new father?" she said and everyone started laughing.

"Two fathers, not only one," Lucas added and everyone started laughing harder.

The plan was set perfectly, the group will leave one week after Selena's 16 birthday, and a few months after this, Liam and Mason will follow.

The waited day has finally come. Although everyone dreamt excitedly about the day the'll get discharged from the orphanage, but still they cried so hard when it happened. It was very emotional to say goodbye to all the caregivers who raised and supported them through all these years, they were like parents to them. It was also hard to say goodbye to the other kids, especially the youngest. Through the years Lucas and his group took care of all the kids inside the orphanage and built a good relationship with everyone.

"I wish we can take everyone with us," Selena said through her tears as she walked with Lucas outside the orphanage main gate.

"Sweetie, we need to build another orphanage if we want to do that." he commented, "c'mon now, stop crying please." he dropped the bags on the ground so he can hug Selena, who wasn't able to stop her tears. It was the hardest on the two of them to leave the orphanage because they spent all their childhood here. 

Two taxi cars were waiting for them outside the orphanage to drive them to their new house, which Lucas and Isaac rented one month before using their discharge grant.

"Liam couldn't stop crying, I feel so bad for him," Malia said sadly.

"Don't worry, I promise we will come to take them," Isaac said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder and carrying the bags with his free hand.