8 | lets make a deal

"This has Katherine written all over it," Stefan said outside Mystic Falls High School.

"Katherine's in the tomb," Damon said. "Trust me. I'm the one who shut her in."

"Did you?"

"Did I what, Stefan?"

"Well, I know the hold that Katherine has on you."

"She's in the tomb, period. End of story but she did say something to me right before I shut her in. I thought she was lying."

"What did she say?"

"Elena's in danger."

"What? And you didn't think you should ask her to elaborate?"

"Everything she says is a lie. How am I supposed to know if she's gonna start spouting out the truth?"

"We have to go talk to her."

"No, no. Let me tell you how that's gonna go: We're gonna go ask her for help, she's gonna negotiate her release which we're gonna be dumb enough to give her and she's gonna get out and kill us! This is exactly what she wants!"

"I don't really care."

"It's a bad idea, Stefan."

"It's Elena."

"Both of you, shut up. I don't know who took my sister, but I'm going to find her, with or without your help," I interrupted.

"Without," Damon said, walking away.

I let out a sigh and Stefan looked at me warily. We were thinking the same thing. There was no way we were going to make it through a car ride alone without talking about the one thing neither of us wanted to talk about.

"You talk to Bonnie, I'll talk to Damon."

"Bonnie?" he questioned.

"For a locator spell, what else?"

I made my way after Damon, shouting his name but he ignored me.

I looked around to make sure no one was watching before vamp speeding into his passenger seat as he got in the driver's seat.

"Someone could have seen you," he muttered, putting his seat belt on but I covered his hand with mine, stopping him.

"Please come Damon."

He was quiet for a moment before facing me.

"Why should I?" he asked, facing me, "Stefan is already blaming me for this and we don't even know what happened."

"Despite how much you two argue or claim you're pissed at each other, you're a good team. You and Stefan are like the rescue Elena supersquad. You can't do it without each other."

He looked down at me unconvinced.

"Please," I begged again, "For me?"

He let out a reluctant huff before nodding.

"Thank you," I smiled softly before hopping back out of the car, Damon following behind me.

-

"No, no, I'm coming with you!" Jeremy shouted in Alaric's classroom.

"God, I swear, he's going to get himself killed one day," I commented, looking up at Damon who simply rolled his eyes.

"No Jeremy, you're not," Stefan spoke.

"No, I'm not gonna just sit here. What if she's hurt?"Jeremy said worried, "Or worse? What if she's...?"

"She's not. You two go back to your house just in case. I'll call you the minute I find her."