AVA

"Oh, please," I said as I opened my locker.

The inside of my locker was decorated with pictures of everything and everyone I love. Including my cat, who's eyes prickled into mine.

"It's not like George Washington didn't get laid, or anything-- just..." Sarah leaned her back against the closed lockers next to mine, ankle deep in her own little world. "It's just... unlikely."

"Stop talking about George Washington's sex life, will you?" I took out my biology books and closed my locker.

"Well, can you tell me I'm wrong?"

We just had our history class. The teacher accidentally said 'sex' instead of 'lacks' while he explained how George became president.

No one in our class could stop talking about George's sex life. Including my friend, Sarah. The teacher, mr. Millburn, tried to stop the chaos for a minute or two. But as you may guess, there's no teacher on earth who can stop a class of 25 students laughing and joking about sex.

"That's what I thought." She stuck her chin in the air as if she was the queen herself.

I sighed. There's nothing I can do. The damage has been done.

"Oh look," She nods at something- or someone behind me. I turn my head and see Carswell entering the school's building. It seems that we are not the only people watching, since all heads are turned his way.

He's pretty well known at this school, you could say.

I don't know what stories of him are actually true, but I tend not to believe any.

Like the story that he snuck into the zoo while being drunk and started a fight with a bear.

Or that he had a relationship with a teacher.

Or, the most serious one (not that I think it's even one bit true) that he killed a girl.

That story in particular was really popular here at school. I never believed it though. No one even knows which girl he even killed, and why would he still go to school if he was a suspect of a murder or more weirder, the murderer himself?

I think it's most to blame on his looks. I wouldn't say he isn't atractive, cause he is. But there's something about him that just screams 'stop! Don't come near me! I'll turn your skin inside out if you'll even come in my zone!'

His dark brown hair that was kind of out of control and his dark hazel eyes that seemed to be looking right through your soul were both pretty and scary.

And even though he got all these rumours going on, it's not like he actually cares about what people think or say about him. You would almost think he even likes that kind of attention.

"They say he got kicked out of his house and is now living in the woods." Sarah wispered (or tried to wisper. She's not as much a 'wisperer')

"Sarah, for the last time, you can't believe every rumour you hear." I turn my head back to her. "And stop staring. We have a Biology class with him, so you can stare at him for an hour long."

And she certainly did.

Actually, everyone of our Biology class did. I even say mr. Traw take a peek or two his way.

The only thing I thought was how pathethic it looked.

He was sitting all alone. Not paying attention to anthing mr. Traw was saying, instead was playing with the pen he borrowed from the girl behind him, who gave it to him with terror in her eyes.

".... and so we will be working in groups of two." I came back to reality and stopped staring at him.

I swore under my breath. I was being just an idiot like the rest of the class, staring like crazy.

I saw all my classmates teaming up together, and looked sideways to Sarah. She looked at me and smiled, a silent agreement on working together.

I couldn't help but look over at Carswell again. He was still sitting on his own.

The girl behind him (the same girl who lent her pen out to Carswell) was also alone. She looked terrified, as if she wanted to assure the teacher with her eyes that she didn't want to work together with HIM.

"So I assume you two are working together?" The teacher asked Carswell and the girl, completely ignoring the look on her face.

Carswell nodded oninterested.

The girl, however, still tried to win over mr. Traw with her eyes.

"Wait, no." I then said.

All eyes turned my way, and I could only hope my cheeks didn't turn red.

"I'll work with him."

Just want to add that I'm not English myself, so if you spot any mistakes, please let me know.