AVA

I woke up at the kitchentable. It took me a while to figer out how I felt asleep here, but as soon as I saw the papers all over the table I growl. I was up all night trying to figer out how to save money.

My heart stopped for a moment. I stood up way to fast, which made the world revolve around me. I didn't give myself the time to recover and ran up to the clock above the TV.

10:29 AM. Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no.

My heart contracts. I already feel my lungs gasping for breath, which I already knew I couldn't suck in enough air at the moment to stop my lungs from burning.

"Chris!" I yelled, my voice cracked. Was he up already? He didn't have breakfast yet.

I ran upstairs, straight to Chris's bedroom. I sigh with relief when I find him, still sleeping in his bed.

My lungs still burned, but I manage to control my breath.

"Chris? Get up, I'm going to get you to Anna."

--

I was on my way to school, breaking all the speed-limits. If I hurry up, I could still be there for the third period.

I dropped Mark off at daycare, quickly explained that I overslept and therefore had not yet made breakfast for Mark and then quickly got in the car again.

At school I parked my car at a no-parking zone and I rush out of the car.

I hadn't done anything, my hair was in a messy bun-- and I really mean the messy one, not the cute one-- I still wore the clothes I wore yesterday and I didn't even take the time to put on some deodorant.

I was a living nightmare.

In school, I rushed over to my locker. As soon as I opened it, I hear a voice.

"You're late."

I turn around, expecting a teacher.

But there he stood. Carswell Bayne.

"Yes, and if I hurry up, I can still get to third period." I even talked faster than I had to. I turned around to my locker again and took out my math books.

"Would it really matter if you missed math class?" He asked amused.

I feel irritation bubbling up. "Don't you have a class to attend?"

"Probably. Though this is far more amusing than my chemistry class."

I closed my locker with a loud noise. "Please just..." I stop talking when I hear footsteps approuching. I look at Carswell with big eyes, but he only smiles and stays still where he's standing.

I wanted to hide, but before I could even find a hiding spot, the principal already reached us. He didn't look happy.

"Carswell," His voice sounds angry. "I spoke with you about this. If you don't attend your classes, I will have to suspend you. And you," He turns to me. "Evelynn," My heart stopped beating. No one still calls me Evelynn. Not after my mom died. I pretty much changed my name after that. "I didn't expect this from you." He actually looked disapointed. I felt panic coming.

"I'm sorry, sir." I said with a trembling voice, and I actually was sorry.

"Yes," Carswell said. "I'm also sorry, sir," He winks at the principal as if he's his best friend.

"Both of you, detention."

"No, sir! I'm really, really sorry, but-"

"I can't let this one slip, Evelynn. I'm sorry, but I'm not changing my mind."

Before I could protest further, he was already gone.

My look was filled with anger when I catched Carswell's gaze. "This is your fault."

He raised his eyebrows. "I don't think so, Evelynn." he didn't take any of this serious. "By the way, Evelynn fits you way better than Ava."

That was it. I gave him one last furious look before running to my class.