AVA

"Why did I do this." 

Sarah and I were sitting in the canteen. My hands were covering my face. 

"Honey, I don't know. But you did it, okay? No turning back now."  She was rubbing my back, trying to calm me down but it wasn't really helping. 

I made a noise that was something between a mowing cow and a manly grown. 

"But you know, you should look at it from the bright side." She stopped rubbing my back as if God heared my prayers. "He probably knows a lot about perishing corpses." 

"You aren't really helping." I mumbled against my palms. 

"Just don't... Go to his house, or something." 

I looked up. "I thought you said he got kicked out of his house." 

"Right..." She looked as if she was swallowed by her thoughts. "Then just don't go to the wood..-"

She stopped talking when something catches her gaze. Everyone in the canteen stopped talking. 

I looked around questionable but then heared a hard noise, as if a table got knocked over. I looked in the direction where I heard the noise come from, and ofcourse. Carswell Bayne was sitting on top of Caleb Shelbs.

I heard Sarah gasp. "Oh no.." She whispered. She stood up and ran to the fighting guys. 

"Sarah! Don't.." But it was too late.

Caleb and Sarah were kind of an on-off couple. I never knew in which state they were, cause one minute they can be screaming and fighting and the other minute they could be having dry-sex in front of you. 

I never really liked him. He's the most popular, most adored guy on this school. Sarah is blinded by love, but he's an actual a-hole. Whenever they're 'on a break' (yes, I mean the Rachell/Ross kind of break) he manages to make out or even get laid with another girl. Unlike Rachell, Sarah always forgives him right away. 

I ran after Sarah who already reached the boys trying to break them apart, all the while screaming "don't hurt my baby-boo !" 

You could see Carswell was on the winning hand, looking at him on top of Caleb, blood on his knuckles and still punching Caleb. 

Honestly, I didn't really mind. Caleb deserved nothing less.  But I couldn't stand seeing Sarah like this, emberassing herself by screaming like a child who's icecream fell, so I grabbed Carswell's ellbow and pulled him at me with all my strenght. He only moved a bit, though, but it made him look up. 

There was nothing but rage in his hazle eyes who almost turned black. Whatever Caleb did, it must have been really bad.