The Lover's Games

I picked at a bit of wheat, feeling bored. He spun me  around to look at him, sending my black hair flying around. His hazel eyes melted into mine. He leaned into me his lips brushing against mine teasing me, making my desire for his kiss grow bigger.  It felt like forever until he kissed me, putting his hands on my neck massaging it gently. I hoped he couldn't taste my lunch I had earlier. He pulled away, and I felt out of breath.  Why did he pull away? Oh damn, was it that weird garlic bread I had this morning? I laid my palms on his chest. Feeling his heartbeat against my hands, he whispered into my ear “Two soldiers. Run south. Meet me under the willow tree when the clock strikes two.”

I ran with the wind pushing against me willing me to go back to him. An arrow very narrowly missed my arm and it hit the tree, where minutes  before, the boy would be running his hands through my hair, telling me tales of his adventures in the forest.  He was an outlaw (I like my bad boys), a thief, and he had heart melting hazel eyes (which I always found myself staring into and getting lost and then I'd mentally slap myself), dark brown hair that always looked right, no matter what you do with it and he had full, marshmallow-like, lips. Just thinking of him made me blush like a tomato. Snap out of it, Isabella!

 I ran as fast as I could, back to my house, where I couldn't hear the men's foot steps, or arrows through the air. I relaxed feeling a little safer. I walked through the last field, hopped over the fence holding my dress up. I stared at my house for a moment, thinking of the things I could do in a while.

 I walked towards the main entrance of my home as my father, who is the highest rated baron in England  means he’s pretty rich and so will be his heirs, who are my three brothers and I.  The oldest son, my brother, will get the title of the baron, the second in line is me, Miss Isabella Duffield, which means I have to be married off to a rich man and live the rest of my life as a rich woman, as long as I provide an heir. My father agrees with it. It is what must happen. I told my father that I want to marry for love several times. But he just won’t listen. What are fathers like, eh?

I heard the maids scurrying about from room to room as I went to my room to change into  my more elegant style clothes. We were the type of family that could afford these, and I wasn't complaining. I opened my wardrobe and picked out  a long red dress with cream cuffs, my personal favourite. As I pulled my rather simple brown dress off and slid on my new dress on, I looked at my self in the mirror. The dress showed off most of my chest and shoulders. Not great for winter, as I get cold so easily. I sighed, running my fingers along my lips thinking of the boy. I slowly put on the gold necklace my mother gave me before she died giving birth to my youngest brother, he doesn’t remember her, he is still only two and  counts me as  his mother. It's rather cute.

I heard a knock on my door, I spun my head around making my hair slap my face. I rubbed my cheek. I can be so stupid sometimes

 “Come in.” I said, trying not to wince.

A maid, around my age  walked in. “Your father is waiting for you in the study”.

I replied “ Thank you, you may leave.”.

I walked down the marble stair case on the expensive carpet part, rubbing my cheek hoping the pain would soon fade. I know I'm a rich girl, but I sometimes have my most dumbest moments. As I walked nearer toward the study the low voices were getting louder. I knew a few men were coming to try earn my hand in marriage but not this many.

"Who is going to be my next victim?" I thought to myself evily, remembering the pranks I pulled over the last few times. I giggled to myself.

 I opened the door, hoping my father would be in there.  The room fell silent as all eyes fell on me. I suddenly felt very self concious. I scanned the room, I found my father, and sitting next to him was the king and his son the prince. I gasped.

I curtsied and wobbled slightly. I bit my lip silently praying that I wouldn't be clumsy at this time. The king signalled me over and told me “ You are Miss Isabella Duffield. Are you not?”

I answered “No- I- Yes, I am". I mentally slapped myself for being so stupid at this time.

I smiled to myself. I don't think the King noticed my stupidity. A guard closed the door behind me, I kept my eye on him as he didn't look the kind of chubby joyful guard as most seem to be. I walked towards my father grinning from ear to ear knowing what he was thinking. I so didn't mess up like he'd think I would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what did you guys think? Comment!!!

My older sister helped me edit it and add in the bits she thought would be good, so she and I will be working as a team for this story :D

I'll try to update as often as I can, though I have school and stuff so I might not be able to update as often as I want to :(

Thank for reading you beautiful people! Except you, yeah you, don't like you -_-

Jokingggg, love you all you dipsticks C:

~Loveeeee, Tara

And now, a note from the older sister (editor of the story)

Well uh, I never know what to say here...

HEY ALEX. I HOPE YOU'RE READING THIS CAUSE IF YOU AREN'T THIS BIT IS SORTA USELESS AND A WASTE OF SPACE ._.

I LOVEEE YOUUUU ALEX AND TWANGYYY<33333

Bye..

o.o

Oh and quack face?

Hey C:

Bye.

~ Loooveeee, Amy<3