Unrequited

There is nothing more hurtful than a love that is unrequited. Trust Pauleen because she knows...

It is even worse than having a cheating boyfriend, an us-against-the-world drama or a no-time/long-distance problem in a relationship.

Nathan. That is his name. Is there still a chance? Will she keep on hoping that someday soon he will finally return the love that she is feeling for him? Or should she stop fighting for a love that will never exist?

Four years…that’s how long she’s been in love with him. That’s also the same length that she is waiting. But it seemed like a century of misery for her.

This is a story of Pauleen’s love for Nathan…a romantic relationship that will never be. You can back out now from reading this…you’ll only feel heartbroken. But if you insist, don’t say that I didn’t warn you… This doesn’t have a happy ending.

Church choir...that’s where it all started. For the first time in her life, Pauleen finally knew the feeling when suddenly she felt numb...her knees got weak like she was about to collapse right before the eyes of Nathan. She could hardly breathe and her heart was beating fast. She just stared at him for a very long time...the clock seemed to stop. If only she could hold on to that moment forever and freeze the time.

He was a thief for stealing her heart.

His voice became music to her ears. His mere presence made her act ridiculously. His rugged face served as a moon that gave light to her night. With each glance, she would be on the verge of apoplexy.

She would look forward to every choir practice…mainly because he was there. Her heart was filled with love and joy…it was all his fault.

As they became close friends, it grew bigger. The force became even stronger and the depth was as deep as the Mariana Trench. The degree of her control was as high as Mount Everest. Was he blind? Didn’t he see the signs? How could he not sense it?

Months past…doubts began to cross her mind. Would she finally admit it to him? Maybe she should just keep it a secret…it might be better that way…Or else, their friendship will suffer.

The day came when she had gathered enough willpower to finally profess her admiration to him. & nothing hurt more when he rejected her…Yes, he REJECTED her.

She couldn’t help but think of this: “What if I just take it back and love you in silence rather than suffer a great deal of pain because of rejection?”

But it’s too late…it was already done. As she stared at his picture in her phone on a windy but sparkling night, a thought came into her mind: At least…he knows now.

Edmund touched a part of her heart two years later. He became her first boyfriend. But he is not her first love…Nathan is, her heart beats for him every time. After these years…he is still the one.

More or less, she just used Edmund. Frankly, she didn’t. She loved him in a way…